Wednesday night I walked in the door after Young Womens at about 9:00 PM. I expected the kids to be asleep. When I first walked in I heard a cartoon playing pretty darn loud and thought that was interesting. I walked into the family room to find Olivia as you see above watching a movie. My first thought was "well, I guess Darren is getting a late start with bedtime. He must have turned this on for Livi so he could get Mason down without her help." Assuming that Darren was with Mason in his room I headed that way but found a sleeping baby and no daddy...hmmm. So then I thought, "he must be in the bathroom". I yelled at both bathroom doors and still didn't find him. We do not have a very big house so it is usually easy to tell where people are. I finally peeked in Livi's room to find what you see below. When I woke him up I asked, "where is your daughter". He jumped up looking around the bed in a bit of a panic. Apparently Olivia thought that she was supposed to cuddle with daddy until he fell asleep and then return to watching TV. A role reversal I guess. In Livi's defense Daddy had left a cartoon playing with the volume at full blast so OF COURSE she climbed out of bed. Who could resist that temptation? Really, why was I so surprised! I still love ya Honey!
Re-do
5 years ago





6 comments:
OK, that is so funny. I love that you included the picture of Darren. That is exactly the type of thing that would happen at our house.
I love it!! That girl makes me laugh. We've all been that tired Darren.
Sheryl
Ok, so I know that someone has made this comment before, but its true... the fact that you can think about taking a picture at moments like this!
Livi is SO funny! Its so sweet that she snuggled Daddy until he went to sleep!
Sally,
You think this is the first time this has happened, but this is a long-lost habit Darren has. The setting was different, but I vividly recall him falling asleep (in nearly the same position) every night in his dark pants, white shirt, tie, and shoes as a missionary.
Hope it doesn't become a habit again!
trent
Trent, Oh it definitely is a habit already! This time I just happened to get the camera. I absolutely refuse to let him sleep in his "pros" through the night though. He thinks I'm mean but I just don't like cuddling up to denim and shoes in the middle of the night.
Taegan is the same way at our house, except that her Dad usually falls asleep while reading her a bedtime story. I'll be downstairs cleaning up and thinking that I'm being such a good wife and letting Paul study for his CFA exam, until I here water noises. I'll go upstairs and Paul will be fast asleep and Taegan will be filling the sink with water and putting everything she can find in it.
Kristen
Post a Comment