Jill: If you are reading this it contains a short birthday spoiler. Turn Isabelle away from the computer!
We had quite an adventurous day the other day. So much so that Olivia felt it was important for Belle to have a seat belt too... "so we can be safe". If you recognized where that little phrase is from then you feel my pain!
We went to the park, shopping (where Mason stayed in the stroller for a full 2 hours without complaining), and then to the Post Office.
We went to good ol' USPS to ship this little family over to the Hawaiian Islands. Lucky them! I wish I could ship myself over there for only $4.95!

When I parked I noticed a group of people taking pictures of a cactus right outside the door of the post office. Well...yes the Saguaro is fascinating. It is only found in the Sonoran Desert. It takes about 75 years just to grow one arm. In Arizona it is against the law to harm a Saguaro Cactus in any way. If highways are to be built or areas developed then permits have to be acquired to even MOVE the cactus. Enough right? You get it! They really are cool...but come on people why all the special attention to this particular cactus?
Oh wait...is that a nest? Ooooooh...WAIT I just saw something very large moving!
Ok THAT is an owl. Apparently she is a Great Horned Owl (they really aren't ears OR horns...just tufts of feathers) and she was much bigger than I would have thought an owl would be!
Maybe she was still carrying some baby weight! I have to admit when I saw that she was protecting her little babies there in the cactus I was a little worried. We women can get pretty cranky after having babies and are incredibly protective of our little ones. Everyone was being very quiet and kept a good distance though. She didn't seem startled...oh but that look in her eye...it made me a little nervous as she watched every step I took. Mason was NOT a fan!





1 comment:
Such a cute little doll family! And that owl is cool looking. By the way did you get the pictures?
Post a Comment