July 21, 2009

More Freedom Ringing



This year we headed to Circleville the 4th after the parade in Panguitch.  Apparently their 4th of July is more exciting than Panguitch's.  It was really a lot of fun!  They had a lot of fun booths for the kids to win prizes.  They loved it.  The biggest hit of all was probably the swings though.  Grandpa pushed the kids over and over.  My favorite was how Mason and Cooper (and then Olivia later) were sharing the toddler swing (good idea Kate).  They LOVED it!  Grandpa is so fun!

 
Jamie was enjoying her friends...hmmm.

When it was time for the kiddie races my kids just didn't get it!  Cooper smoked Mason!  Then while Olivia was waiting she probably took off about 4 times thinking it was time to run.  She was confused about when she should start.  Then when the race was really on you could see how nervous she was.  I think she's like me a little.  They were pretty darn cute though!

 
When we got back to Panguitch it was pouring.  And the basement was starting to flood!  One of the gutters was turned in the wrong direction so all of the water coming off of the roof was going right to the basement windows.  Nothing like bailing muddy water in freezing temps.  OK so it might not have literally been freezing but it felt like winter to me!  It was kinda fun though!  Jamie stayed inside to capture the moment...after all you saw how gorgeous her hair was that day!
That night I enjoyed the musical stylings of my very own sister, Katie.  She is so incredibly talented and it was once again obvious that night.  I used to sing on that very stage when I was in college...only back in my day there was only ONE John Wayne.  I guess they decided they needed TWO!  I got to sing a couple of songs with Kate.  It was fun to be there seeing her rip it up to the dinner crowd.  You rock my darling!
Then off to the fireworks...again.  We had gone to the Lake the night before to watch fireworks.  The kids LOVED the fireworks and the poppers that grandpa had brought.  Olivia wore her favorite princess outfit over her jamas and Mason and Cooper commented on EVERY explosion.  It was the biggest display of fireworks that I think I've ever seen in Panguitch
This picture is from the fireworks the night before.  Olivia has this thing about her grandma.  While we were there everything was grandma.  "I want MY grandma to get me out of the car, I want MY grandma to lay down by me, I want MY grandma to get me my milk"  We love you mom!  Thanks for making our trip so much fun, especially for the kids.  Thanks for teaching me to honor our country's freedom, to remember those who have given their lives for that freedom, to stand when a flag passes, and to respect the leaders of our country.  I got a lot of my patriotism from you...and we know where you got it!  I plan to keep it going!

2 comments:

A. Schoonie said...

oh bummer on your parents basement getting flooded. water can create such a mess. the picture of olivia and your mom is so sweet. those are sweet memories.

Anna said...

Looks like fun! (Great pics too...) You're kids are getting so big!