May 27, 2010

Exactly what I wanted!

This is Olivia! I can't believe she is mine!!!!
Tonight while I was lying down with Liv we had the best conversation ever! It went pretty much like this:

Olivia: Mom, Heavenly Father did such a great job didn't He.
Mom: What do you mean?
Olivia: (as she wraps her arms around my neck) He gave me exactly the mom that I wanted!
Me: (melting) chuckle blubber blubber chuckle...awwww
Olivia: Mom, are you laughing or crying?
Me: Well, both kind of.
Olivia: Yeah, I asked Heavenly Father for you to be my mommy and He did it! Wasn't that so nice of Him?
Me: Thank you Livi for saying such nice things! That was my favorite part of this week for sure. I am so lucky, you are exactly the daughter I always wanted. I love you soooooo much!
Olivia: That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard in my whole life. Thanks mom. (followed by a sweet little kiss and a big ol' hug)

Few other moments in my life can top that one!

10 comments:

Val said...

That is the most precious thing ever!!!

Traci said...

She is soooo cute. And obviously wise beyond her years. You guys are perfect for each other!

Jeff and Jen said...

Oh my gosh....she is beautiful inside and out...way to go mommy. So precious!

Mrs. Nettles said...

ok-- crying all over the place. that is sooo sweet. I need to start writing down those sweet things in my life too. She is such a sweet, loving girl... and she does have a very special mommy. :)

Travis and Rhonda said...

How sweet!! Love those moments.

Tara L. said...

Very Cute!

Unknown said...

I can so picture her up in heaven putting in her request for you. And p.s., I put in a request for you too, I said "Please Heavenly Father can she be my friend?"

Love you!

Sheryl Bullock said...

Oops, I was signed in as Ethan above, that was really from Sheryl.

Katie Dotson said...

I'm pretty sure there was a line of spirit to request you in their lives here on earth. :) But Livi definately got the best deal! I love that sweet girl.

Kendra said...

OMG Sally she is sooo gorgeous!! Just like her mom!!!