September 29, 2010

Locks of Love

A long time ago I started talking to Olivia about donating her hair when it got long enough. We looked at pictures of our cousins who did the same. We spent time on the Locks of Love website looking at the girls who didn't have hair.
Well Olivia's friend had a big ol' post on their blog about how she went and cut her hair and then donated it. It was adorable! That set Olivia on fire. We measured her hair 100 times I think just to be sure that it was long enough.

When it came down to it I panicked. I put it off and put it off. I even tried to talk Olivia out of it. Still she was determined. She wanted to give her hair to another girl who didn't have hair. So, I finally booked the appointment. I mean I couldn't NOT let her do something so sweet!

I am so proud of my Olivia and her big heart. Once the hair cut was done I really fell in love with it. Olivia has been asking me if I know what the wig looks like that they made out of her hair. I love how much she thinks about it.

I know she misses her long hair a little though. The day after her haircut she saw a picture that I have in my bedroom of her with her long pretty hair. She looked at it, sighed a big sigh, and then said "I remember when I used to have long pretty hair. I miss that hair."
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Megan said...

What a beautiful lesson and a beautiful little girl!!

ShaLayne said...

She looks so adorable with her short hair... I've been trying to talk Maddy into donating her hair. I think that is such a great cause.

The Taylor Harbeck Family said...

Ah what a cute story! And what an ever cuter girl! She looks adorable and so grown up! :-)

Karen and Joe said...

What a great story, and and amazingly beautiful girl!!

jewly said...

What a sweet girl. She looks so grown up with short hair.

Tara L. said...

She looks beautiful! We sure miss you guys at the reunion last night!

Borland family said...

how Awesome! What a great idea! She looks so grown up!

Sheryl Bullock said...

Sooo cute! Love the new do!

Jason and Lacee said...

That is so cute!!! I have done it twice now...I don't have the patience to grow it out that long anymore though! Cute hair cut now too!