January 14, 2008

Busted! Part II...only 2 days later!

After the make-up episode I was telling my mom about it over the phone. We started talking about different childhood messes and I mentioned the picture of the baby that the older sibling colored with marker (I have seen it in a couple of email forwards). I can't believe that I experienced a marker episode only 2 days later. When I saw Olivia I got pretty nervous and quickly looked Mason over. Luckily she kept this mess to herself. Again...WHEN WILL I LEARN!

This little display of creativity was made possible by "black sharpie" whom mommy was using to label some boxes. I thought that I had left the marker where she couldn't reach it. Now I have to re-evaluate what she can and cannot reach! Her left leg doesn't look as bad as her right, but it was. I just didn't get it in the picture.

What made her think to lift up her shirt to color on and in her belly AND on her BACK? She also had marker INSIDE of her ear! This took both Darren and I and a TON of wet wipes to get somewhat cleaned up. I made sure that she had thick tights on at church the next day. Darren was so sad when he saw her. I guess it's that whole "your body is a temple" thing that was upsetting him. I wasn't at all excited about it, but I couldn't help but laugh a little.

5 comments:

A. Schoonie said...

Oh, the joys of parenthood!! Love both stories of the makeup and marker. Trent and I both had to laugh because we have all experienced some sort of episode!!!

Anonymous said...

What I don't get is how you stop and think to get pictures of it! I always forget.
Sheryl

Sally said...

That is all I do...change diapers, clean messes (leave some), and take pictures!

Shannon Martino said...

I love it! I love the fact that despite the mess and anger you can still find the humor and take a picture.

We miss you!
Shannon and McKenna

JCooper said...

Oh my gosh - I'm cracking up! Is this what I have to look forward to? Ethan enters the terrible 2's in a couple of weeks. I'm nervous....
By the way, I LOVE your blog layout. How did you design this? Any tips??