January 24, 2008

Funny Kids

When Olivia finishes eating she loves to play with her straw. She twists it and twists it while she counts and jabbers.

I look at these pictures of Olivia and just feel so overwhelmed at how much she has grown. She has so many little quirky things these days. I just love it! She's her own little person and she is definitely a free thinker. I wish I could adequately describe the little sound that she makes when she gives you a real hug or the expressions on her face when I make up her bedtime stories (her new favorite thing). Yesterday she was playing in her room with Mason while I was doing the dishes. When I finished I walked into her room to play with them. She started pushing on my legs and said "Bye bye mommy! Go do dishes." I backed out of her room laughing at her and she slammed the door shut in my face! Hmmmm...what is going on in there? I peeked in to find her and Mason ripping every stitch of clothing out of her dresser, a game that Mason taught Olivia.


I feel bad, it is hard to explain Mason's little things adequately since it is all physical humor. The way he walks, the way he tosses the basketball into his new little hoop, the way he wrestles Olivia for something he wants, carries his arms like he's a body builder, and the way he pulls his little toys around the house. The other day during their naps I attempted to watch a movie that had to be returned that night. Mason decided he didn't want to nap that day. I tried so hard to finish my movie and Mason was actually being really good and just entertaining himself so I could have watched it pretty easily. The problem is that he was entertaining me way to much. I can't explain the humor...just funny Masonisms. I was laughing my head off at him and he was oblivious. As we speak he is ripping the newspaper ads to shreds and I am pretty sure that it is the most fun he has ever had! I guess I had better go be the mom and clean up the mess.

2 comments:

Jobove - Reus said...

very good blog, congratulations
regard from Catalonia Spain
thank you

A. Schoonie said...

Thanks for your thoughts...you summed up how I feel so many times. You just want to be able to capture and enjoy every minute. Having them grow up is a bitter sweet process. It is so awesome to see what new things they learn, but at the same time you want to keep them in the same age and all of the fun things they are currently doing as well.
Take Care - Ash