March 19, 2008

Let's Get This POTTY Started!


Olivia loves not wearing any clothes! She HATES going potty though. We made Friday potty day and she wore nothing but training pants and plastic pants all day long. It was the longest day of my life. After she sat on the potty 16 times to no avail I finally gave in. I will probably need some sort of therapy and probably a Chiropractor visit (she insisted that I sit by her on the hard floor) before we give it another try. She loved getting her finger nails and toe nails painted though and keeps pointing them out to me..."ooh, I have pretty princess nails".


Well, since Livi didn't have to wear any clothes Mason got to join in on the fun. It was Livi's idea to put him in the tool belt. Mason has now gone pee pee in the potty 6 times! That is 6 times more than Olivia has. Maybe he will train early and that will motivate Livi, she won't want to be out done by her little brother.

Last week we also brought back the super dance party. We used to have a dance party every day before nap time but we hadn't done it for a while. The other day we put this hat on Mason as you see here and now he HAS to have it on during dance party time. Isn't he so darn cute? You should see his moves! I tried to get video of the dancing but Olivia got upset because I was supposed to be dancing too.


This is the latest in the Daddy/ Livi bedtime saga. I would definitely prefer that Olivia go to sleep in her bed but this is a vast improvement...plus it is pretty tender. This morning I woke up to the shuffling of little feet, it was almost 6 AM. She climbed into bed on Daddy's side and cuddled up to her Dad. He simply said, "This is the best part of my day". He calls her his little alarm clock.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mandy and Kalen said...

I can't wait to join in on the Dance Party!

A. Schoonie said...

That's a bummer that Olivia does not want to potty train...a little mind of her own:) Maybe Mason will really do it first...Jack was really good at it! Olivia is definitely the cutest little alarm clock and I love Mason in the hat...he is adorable!

Jeff and Jen said...

Sal I am with you on the therapy and the chiropracter. It can be so hard.

rachel said...

I HATE potty training! So, is elder Wright EVER awake?!!!!!!

Sally said...

Rachel, He is a so not a night person but he is the one who gets up with the Diva Livi at 5:30 AM. Yeah, maybe I should put some pictures of him awake on the blog now and then.

Shannon Martino said...

Sally - I am with you. Blake gets up with McKenna every morning and gets her going with breakfast while I get to sleep. I end up being up late with her struggling to get her to go to bed. But I would take it this way any day over the other way around.

I love the pic of Mason in the tool belt, that is awesome. My husband, Mr. Modesty, would have a heart attack if I let the kids have a "no clothes day" but I think it is great. I used to let McKenna crawl around in just her diaper all the time because she was so cute and then I would stick a onesie on her before Daddy got home :)