Here is the conversation that Darren and I had about 3 years ago when I was pregnant with Livi:
Darren: So if we are getting a new car lets get whatever car we'll be driving for a while. Do you think you'll want a minivan?
Me: I will never drive a mini van. Let's get an SUV
Darren: Well ok, if you're sure.
About a year after we got the Highlander and I had just returned from riding in my friend's Odyssey:
Me: Yeah, I gotta get a minivan!
Darren: ???? I thought...
Me: Power sliding doors rock!

We have officially joined the Minivan Club! We are members of the Odyssey sect which has a huge representation here in Anthem as well as in Darren's family!
I can't deny how awesome these minivans are these days! Livi probably likes our new van more than anyone. She kept saying "oooh, I LIKE it! I can't wait! Yay blue rocket". Whenever we go anywhere she now counts backward from 5 and then yells "blastoff" as we drive away.
Darren: So if we are getting a new car lets get whatever car we'll be driving for a while. Do you think you'll want a minivan?
Me: I will never drive a mini van. Let's get an SUV
Darren: Well ok, if you're sure.
About a year after we got the Highlander and I had just returned from riding in my friend's Odyssey:
Me: Yeah, I gotta get a minivan!
Darren: ???? I thought...
Me: Power sliding doors rock!

We have officially joined the Minivan Club! We are members of the Odyssey sect which has a huge representation here in Anthem as well as in Darren's family!
I can't deny how awesome these minivans are these days! Livi probably likes our new van more than anyone. She kept saying "oooh, I LIKE it! I can't wait! Yay blue rocket". Whenever we go anywhere she now counts backward from 5 and then yells "blastoff" as we drive away.




9 comments:
Isn't it funny how we all eat our words in some way? I agree that minivans rock in sooo many ways. Glad you joined the club and that you're riding in style. I always say that maybe I'll get something else - when my kids can buckle themselves and we have no more carseats!
i love it and will be meeting you there in a couple of years...if not sooner.
I am so glad you found our blog. Now we can see what is going on with you guys! Um ya, I am in the SUV stage....... I'm sure that will change once we have kids but that is so funny because I tell Dave I want an SUV instead of a van :)
Hahaha! They just make the most sense with small kids and carseats, eh? You will LOVE it.
my hubby works at a honda dealership and every few years when it's time for a new car he threatens me with the Pilot!!!! NOOOOOO! I scream-don't you ever take away my mini-van! How we change! I'm glad you saw the light, now that you know the truth you'll have greater joy and happiness then you could've ever imagined!
one can only dream that I can joing that club someday. :) So I figured after all the time I spend lurking on your cute blog, it's time to make myself known! haha. I love your digital scrapbook of your kids- very cute. I am thinking of converting from regular scrapbooking to digital...what program do you use? Hope you are doing great! I love staying updated with your blog!
Welcome to the mini van club. I joined it in March and though I was sceptical at first I really do enjoy it.
Very nice! You will like it more and more everyday!!
Welcome to the club! I love my Odyssey and I am so not a minivan kind of girl. Now, you'll just need one of these t-shirts: http://www.oliveandfig.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=228
:o)
Post a Comment