Yay! Mason can feed himself. Do you know what this means? Only that I just might be able to eat meals with my family and maybe I'll even get a hot meal occasionally. I put off letting him feed himself for a while. I just wasn't ready for the mess but actually he keeps it fairly clean. Nice work buddy!
When I got the camera out to take a picture of Mason feeding himself Olivia said, "I mam happy for a picture mommy!" Lately she is really into feelings especially sad, scared, and happy. If she sees anyone grumpy or sad she imitates their expression and for example would say in a very sad and low voice, "Mommy sad" then she smiles big and says, "we have to make her happy"! Her idea of making me happy is by jumping up and down. This strategy is used a lot with Mason. She is ALWAYS trying to make him happy...and she usually succeeds! I think the scared thing magnified with the finger incident. She is constantly telling me that she is scared of the Doctor, or Mason, or even her cereal...ok as I was typing that last bit she walked in and told me that she is scared of Mason and then started screaming and running away from him.
Just in the past week Mason has really started to talk. He says all sorts of things that probably aren't at all recognizable to anyone beside me and Livi...still he is getting there. My favorite thing that he says right now is "Sak sak sak" (shake shake shake) while he shakes his yogurt drink. You can tell that he knows he is actually saying something and that he feels pretty cool about it. He has also started to respond with some type of gibberish whenever Dora or Mickey ask a question...it is so cute!





6 comments:
Hey Sally! I'm happy you left a message you have an adorable family. I know the joy that comes from a child feeding themselves.
Oh I miss you guys! Your little wee ones are so big. Even though it seems as though we never missed a beat...we wish we were able to spend time with you and let our kiddos get to know eachother. Someday soon?... Miss you!--TJ
That is great that Mason is starting to talk. The only word Savannah ever uses is NO. I can't wait until she can communicate with us.
Even though you want them to stay little it is nice when they gain some independence. I hope he stays a clean eater:) Ash
Just wanted to tell you all that we love and miss ya a ton!
Sally--so GREAT to hear from you. Your family is darling. I can't believe how old we all are...
Post a Comment