I really should be fast asleep but I treasure the long hours of the night when I can do whatever and no one cries for a drink or fights or etc. Plus my alone time was partially consumed by watching American Idol and Dancing with the Stars. I am hoping that since the kids stayed up a little late they will be sleeping in in the morning. Funny how I don't learn my lesson...they usually don't sleep in later just because they went down later. Still...I can hope and dream can't I?
Today Livi saw an Orthopedic Surgeon just to get a follow up on her finger. All is well and no further action will be needed beside just getting the stitches (or spiders as she still calls them) out. She was soooo cute at her appointment. Most of the Dr. appointments that we go to are very consumed with other small children and they are usually equipped with toys and playhouses and stuff. This office was different, not to discredit the staff though, they were awesome. The other patients that were waiting were older. Though they were very nice it was wierd that my kids were the very center of the room. There weren't any other kids being crazy climbing every chair and trying to knock the pictures off of the walls. They were all VERY concerned with Olivia's accident and acted like it was the worst thing that could possibly happen to such a little girl. One old guy was especially AWESOME. He adored Mason and took it upon himself to keep Mason from leaving the waiting area while I finished the novel they asked me to write in the form of paperwork. Olivia decided that she should introduce herself to each person. She walked right over to an older woman and said, "HI! I yiya (Olivia). I poopy!" The woman gave me a funny look while I discreetly peeked in her diaper to find that she was telling the truth. So off we went into the very unkid friendly bathroom. When we finally got to see the Doc he was great with Livi. He allowed me to handle her hand almost completely so that she wouldn't be scared. When he needed to get a closer look he explained to her that he was only going to look at it and not touch it. He said, "I promise you won't get hurt at all". She responded, "Oh! Gankoo Docor". She has been a very good girl about this finger business...for the most part.

The favorite things in our house as of lately are wings and hats. Mason LOVES to wear hats. I think that this particular combination below with the yellow bumble bee wings is classic. If he sees Livi with one set of wings he MUST find the other set and he'll wear them all day long. Olivia is loving the lady bug outfit lately since I have tried to convince her that there are lady bugs on her finger instead of spiders. She honestly thinks that the red cowboy hat is part of the lady bug costume.
Today Livi saw an Orthopedic Surgeon just to get a follow up on her finger. All is well and no further action will be needed beside just getting the stitches (or spiders as she still calls them) out. She was soooo cute at her appointment. Most of the Dr. appointments that we go to are very consumed with other small children and they are usually equipped with toys and playhouses and stuff. This office was different, not to discredit the staff though, they were awesome. The other patients that were waiting were older. Though they were very nice it was wierd that my kids were the very center of the room. There weren't any other kids being crazy climbing every chair and trying to knock the pictures off of the walls. They were all VERY concerned with Olivia's accident and acted like it was the worst thing that could possibly happen to such a little girl. One old guy was especially AWESOME. He adored Mason and took it upon himself to keep Mason from leaving the waiting area while I finished the novel they asked me to write in the form of paperwork. Olivia decided that she should introduce herself to each person. She walked right over to an older woman and said, "HI! I yiya (Olivia). I poopy!" The woman gave me a funny look while I discreetly peeked in her diaper to find that she was telling the truth. So off we went into the very unkid friendly bathroom. When we finally got to see the Doc he was great with Livi. He allowed me to handle her hand almost completely so that she wouldn't be scared. When he needed to get a closer look he explained to her that he was only going to look at it and not touch it. He said, "I promise you won't get hurt at all". She responded, "Oh! Gankoo Docor". She has been a very good girl about this finger business...for the most part.
The favorite things in our house as of lately are wings and hats. Mason LOVES to wear hats. I think that this particular combination below with the yellow bumble bee wings is classic. If he sees Livi with one set of wings he MUST find the other set and he'll wear them all day long. Olivia is loving the lady bug outfit lately since I have tried to convince her that there are lady bugs on her finger instead of spiders. She honestly thinks that the red cowboy hat is part of the lady bug costume.





5 comments:
Glad all is going well with the spider, I mean ladybug finger. I'm also happy to see that I'm not the only one that treasures the quiet of the night when I am all alone and can do whatever I want. Patrick always gets on me about how I need to sleep - and while I agree, I just can't help it! See, now I know I'm not the only one!
Olivia sounds hilarious! She has quite the personality...so fun! Glad that her finger is going to be ok. I showed Lucie and Jack the pictures and they have definitely cut back on slamming the doors in each other's face.
Hey Sally Cutie kids. I hadn't seen Mason. We will be coming to Snow Flake this summer, maybe we will see ya.
I think that in the bumble bee picture of Mason he looks a lot like Darren did when he was little, especially in his face.
luv you guys! hope things are all healed and well soon!
Hey Sally,
Good to see everything is going well with you and your family. Keep in touch.
Travis
Post a Comment