June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!


Happy Father's Day honey! You are such a great daddy. You might not excel in the discipline department but you far exceed the norm in the love department. When Olivia was born you used to just stare at her...it was obvious who hung the moon and stars. So even though I preach discipline I do recognize the far greater effect of love on our little ones. It's just that I don't need to preach that to you...you already have it down. There is nothing better that you could ever do for them than just to love them to pieces and you certainly do that times 100! Thank you so much for being such a great daddy!



Grandpa JS - We love you so much. I wish that we got to see you more. Maybe our new webcams will help in that department. I know that a lot of Darren's great attributes he got from you. Some through genetics and others just through your example. Whenever we have been around you the kids all just seem to know how much you care about them. Thank you so much for being such a patient and caring dad to Darren and for teaching him through your great example. Thank you for loving our own kids and for being a super grandpa. We can't wait to see you in August...until then we'll see you on the webcam.


Grandpa Jimmy - Well your occupation as a truck driver has finally come to a point in my life where I have been blessed by it (not so much this year though...I guess cows aren't coming to AZ anymore). Those quick stops on your way here or there (however short) have been a huge blessing for me. Sometimes a lot of times those visits came on not so easy days for me. All it took to turn me around sometimes was just to see my kids playing with their grandpa and loving every minute of it. I feel so blessed to live a little closer to my family (by our standards this is closer). Dad, I love you. I know that being on the road through so much of our growing up has been painful for you too. Please know that I always understood and NEVER felt angry or neglected by you. You always made up for it when you came home. The playing and laughing seemed on-going sometimes. I love seeing you with my kids, even if you do spoil them. Thanks for being such a fun and very loving grandpa.

Enjoy this video of my dad trying to induce labor when I was pregnant with Livi...Dad, don't kill me for this. He thought I was just taking a picture. He didn't know that the video was on. I am sure that he has probably forgotten about it and assumes that we have too...yeah I watch this with Liv on a regular basis. She LOVES it! He is just such a hoot.


3 comments:

Jeff and Jen said...

I hope that you guys had an awesome Father's Day. Grandpa Jimmy is sooo funny. Love you guys. Oh and Olivia is so pretty in her little princess dress. Whenever anyone is wearing a dress Ashton always says, "Oh pretty princess".

A. Schoonie said...

The video of your dad is hilarious! Happy Father's Day to Darren! And Olivia looks so cute all dressed up for her princess ball. I think that sounds like the cutest activity!

nikki said...

Nice tribute to the dads in your life! Your dad is so funny!