So we started this morning off with a couple of tired, under the weather kiddos who both just wanted to lay on the couch.

It looked something like this with a little kicking, bickering, and whining mixed in.
After a bit they wanted muffins...and then Mason regained his usual morning energy. At the moment he is being such a boy...kicking random things and yelling "Kick this...and kick this...and kick this..." But you know how it works with little ones who mostly speak their own language. It sounds more like "kick a**...and kick a**...". I had to listen carefully for a few minutes to see if he was actually cursing but I am confident that I am just hearing skewed baby talk...I hope!
It looked something like this with a little kicking, bickering, and whining mixed in.
After a bit they wanted muffins...and then Mason regained his usual morning energy. At the moment he is being such a boy...kicking random things and yelling "Kick this...and kick this...and kick this..." But you know how it works with little ones who mostly speak their own language. It sounds more like "kick a**...and kick a**...". I had to listen carefully for a few minutes to see if he was actually cursing but I am confident that I am just hearing skewed baby talk...I hope!
Here's a picture of our happy Costco play date with the Gardiner girls the other day. Notice Mason's latest shades...compliments of the beauty sitting next to him. Such fun! Really though...I dread any kind of shopping with the kids. This was great...everyone had a friend to keep them entertained at the store, in the car, and at lunch...including me! At one point I had both carts with all the kids just for a split second while Hayley went to grab something she had forgotten. You should have seen the looks I got as I pushed one cart while pulling the other just to get out of the road. One friendly guy joked with me calling me insane. I explained that I was with a friend to which he responded, "likely story". No really if I was awesome (though crazy) enough to bring 4 kids all within 18 months of each other to Costco of all places by myself and keep them from crying and screaming I would be taking full credit!
I just thought I'd show off Olivia's school project. We had to find pictures that demonstrated some of her favorite things. Here is the list she and I came up with: Princesses, swinging, friends, dressing up, water, Dora, writing, coloring, puzzles, Mason, and family. OK, so I came up with family for her and changed the wording on some of her ideas. She wanted to list all of her friends (some of whom I have never heard of before). I decided it would be good if she just said friends. Where you see her handwriting I just wrote out a word in pencil and she traced it. Not bad eh? I then helped her use the little tool to round the edges on one picture and then she would NOT rest until they were all rounded.





9 comments:
I'm so jealous that Livi gets to go to preschool. Ashton needs to go so bad. I do my best with little workbooks, but I think he just needs the break from me and to be around other kids.
Livi is so big!! She is such a smart little thing. Dont you love that Hayley's kids are so close in age to yours. Man, it makes life a little bit easier and a lot more Fun :)
Love the Costco pic and so does Ava. Isn't it a little ironic that all we have in our carts at this point are diapers and wipes. Hah!
Love the words that sound like curse words. We have a few of those! Nice tracing Olivia on your picture! That is awesome!
Too cute Sally. I love the Costco trip. Seems like they are better when they have friends with them. I cannot believe how grown up Olivia looks. She is so beautiful.
Costco is my favorite store ever and to go with a friend to make it easier is the best idea!! And I'm with you - I would be taking full credit if I has all four by myself too!!
Hi Miss Sally! I can't believe we still haven't gotten together....but I totally understand why! Busy, busy, busy! The Monday I was going to call you I ended up lost in Phoenix and finally found the chairs I purchased off craigslist at a freakin' scary place! I called the woman when I arrived to tell her I wouldn't get out of the car until she came out of the building! Aaah!
Anyway, I was actually contacting people from cjane to let them know about threads of love, a Nie project I am starting. Check it out at www.quilt4nie.blogspot.com. Hope the play is going well! One of these days we really do need to get together! Love, Candice
That is such funny baby talk! Sometimes I have to think for another second too.
I love Costco - apparently you guys do too! Such a cute cute picture!
Preschool is so fun. Jak loves it and it seems like Olivia does too!
Sally, it is your cousin Kim. Check out my blog minermadness.blogspot.com. I added you as one of my links. Love ya, Hope all is well. Good luck in your new play!
Post a Comment