October 8, 2008

Back in the saddle again!

Some people don't even recognize this redhead...do you?

Here I am as Peggy of the Taffetas! We opened this past weekend and it was so amazing. I feel like our 4 performances all went really well. I had more fun than I could have imagined and am feeling sad that after just 4 more shows it will all be over! There will never be another show as perfect for me as this!

Look who came to see open dress rehearsal? I think she might be able to handle an actual show this weekend. She keeps asking for her green dress like mommy's. I love to see the look she gave me while I was on stage...LOVE IT!


Generally opening weekend can be far more crazy and stressful than any other. Well, thanks to Shelly (Darren's sister) I haven't slept as much since Mason was born...I swear. She arrived a couple of days before opening night and just assumed the role of nanny. During the last few rehearsals and on show days she did everything from feeding kids, bathing them, playing with them, and getting them to bed so that I could sleep in or rest or just be at the show without any worries. She really is my super lifesaver...Darren's too! The kids love love LOVE her. Grandma Janet was also here for opening night and did her fair share of entertaining and grandmothering. Mostly she made me feel great about my performance...when it comes to this stuff she is a pro. Her opinion is valuable to me! Thanks Janet! We were sad that she couldn't stay longer. Olivia keeps asking me if Grandma is still asleep:) Livi wasn't awake when Grandma left for the airport and is therefore very confused.


OK, well it is WAY past my bedtime but I have just one more story to tell. One night I found a trail of oatmeal leading through my bedroom and to my nightstand. It was all over this pot that is holding a silk flower. Hmmm...weird. Darren responded, "I don't know...Livi was doing something with it". A couple of days passed by. Sitting at dinner Olivia jumped up and ran into my room excitedly yelling about a flower...hmmm...I curiously followed her. She looked at the said flower and exclaimed, "I did it! The flower is growing!" I asked, "How is the flower growing?" she replied "I gave it seeds and water!" I asked Darren further. He said that she was spraying the flower with a spray bottle. After talking with Miss Amy I learned that Olivia picked it up from a short conversation they had had. I have no idea how she came to believe that seeds were oatmeal though!

Oh wait...a Mason story! Who needs sleep right? Anyhow, we have a little rhyme for Olivia to help her learn to spell her name. O-L-I-V-I-A * * Oli-vi-a! It worked! Olivia can spell her name and so can Mason. We also have a similar rhyme for Mason. Today on the phone with Grandma Kathleen I asked him to spell Olivia..."O-A-I-V-I-I Liii-iii-vi!"
"Now spell Mason"
..."O-A-I-V-I-I Saa-aa-saaahn!"
"Now spell Grandma"
..."O-A-I-V-I-I Gaaa-aa-maaaa!"

My mom found it very entertaining!

OK...I can go to bed now. Goodnight!



Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is from the Food Scientist himself: "Oatmeal are seeds! Where do you think Oatmeal comes from?"

jewly said...

Cute story about spelling. Saige also was into planting a seed. She got some dirt and dug a hole with a stick then put a rock in it and watered it. The next day she said lets go out side to see if my plant grew. Sadly it had not, so we are going to buy real seeds to plant. Congrats on the performances.

Hayley said...

your kids crack me up.

i totally think you should go red. it looks great on you. i know you think i'm kidding, but i'm not.

Katie Dotson said...

You look awesome in your red wig and pretty green dress. I am so beyond excited to come see the show this weekend! And the stories about the kids anre so darn cute. I miss those little rascals. I keep showing Coop pictures of Mason and Livi. IT's going to be great this weekend to see you all! Love ya tons!

nikki said...

Congrats on the show! Love the wig and dress and Olivia so proud of her mommy!

rachel said...

I wish I could see the show. Hey, this last weekend I was on a little trip to connecticut and on the flight home to utah sat next to a gal named Holly from panguitch. she said you used to work at her moms deli. small world.

A. Schoonie said...

So glad that your show is going well! Enjoy your last 4 shows!! Love the stories.
Ash

Jeff and Jen said...

I love all the cute pics. I can't wait to see the video of the play, there better be a video. I love the picture of Mason and Olivia with Shelley. Mason is awesome in it. Oh and thanks Shelley for taking care of that family.

Chellie said...

What??! How come you didn't tell me?! I would have totally gone!!! You look gorgeous!

Shannon Martino said...

I'm so glad opening weekend went well. I so wish I could be there to see it.

And I agree, Shelly is a lifesaver! I have to be honest, I am a bit jealous! I want her at my house again.... :)

Travis and Rhonda said...

We are sure wishing that we could have seen your show. Bet is was so much fun for you. Did it bring you back to the good ole days of high school??

Kendra said...

So fun Sally. Awesome on the show how exciting that Olivia would come see you, she looks so happy and proud of Mommy.