Can you believe that Panguitch used to have an actual movie theater?
It seems like it was closed for most of my early life but it was open long enough for me to see a few classic movies there like Back to the Future and Iron Eagle (ok so maybe Iron Eagle's not so much a classic). In 1986 or maybe 87 The Gem went out of business permanently. The last movie that played there was Ferris Bueller's Day Off. For years the marque still said "Now Playing, Ferris Bueller's Day Off". It was awesome! Especially considering how great that movie is! Does anyone out there happen to have a picture of the theater when the marque said that? I'd love a copy if you do!Well, anyhow my point is...
If you love watching Matthew Broderick and thousands of 80's clad onlookers "shake it up" you should check out what these people are going to do at the Halloween parade tonight in NYC! Oh how I wish I could be there! I think tonight just might have to be a Bueller movie night!
Oh yeah, and Happy Halloween!
Oh yeah, and Happy Halloween!




3 comments:
How funny...I completely remember that theatre. I saw ET there and probably some other movies. (Star Wars?-I can't remember). Does Panguitch really not have a movie theatre? Is the skating rink still there?
Trent's ring tone is "Beuller, Beuller..." This is one of his favorite all time movies. Anytime it is on tv we are watching it! That is too funny about the marque.
Hope you had a great Halloween!
That is so funny because I saw ET there also. I also saw some Disney cartoon I think Sleeping Beauty. I remember that we went over there because it was girls night out because the guys went to Scout Camp!
I don't have a pic of the sign but I do remember it!
Post a Comment