You know, I always have a crash period following something big in my life. This time I had to put the crash on hold while we got through the week following the show. There were a couple of occaisions where I felt the crash coming on and plead with my Heavenly Father to allow me more time. Thankfully he granted me that week. But as soon as it was all over...literally the night after Livi's party, the crash began! So I am now just starting to recover and therefore this blog is far far behind. So sorry Janet:)

The very day after the show ended was Darren's birthday. His main gift was the fact that the show was over and he didn't have to go it alone with the kiddos every night anymore. Seriously this guy gets the award for husband of the year. He endured the show well and did it almost completely without complaining! Is your hubby that awesome? For his birthday he took the day off and we enjoyed spending time together, picnicing in the park, flying cheap kites (I use the term "flying" very loosely), and dinner out with friends while Shelly proved her amazingness at home with 4 little ones age 3 and under! Way to go Shelly!

The very day after the show ended was Darren's birthday. His main gift was the fact that the show was over and he didn't have to go it alone with the kiddos every night anymore. Seriously this guy gets the award for husband of the year. He endured the show well and did it almost completely without complaining! Is your hubby that awesome? For his birthday he took the day off and we enjoyed spending time together, picnicing in the park, flying cheap kites (I use the term "flying" very loosely), and dinner out with friends while Shelly proved her amazingness at home with 4 little ones age 3 and under! Way to go Shelly!
The next day...the princesses birthday! Maybe we should call it her birthWEEK! There were multiple days of birthday fun for this little 3 year old! I guess there was one day that week that wasn't as much fun for her (notice her chin above). We met up with some old SUU friends at the Anthem park...Nikki and Missy Gubler (maiden name). Our visit was cut short when we had to take a little trip to the urgent care with a split chin. Luckily no stitches were required...just glue! It was so great to see the Gubler girls. I wish we hadn't been forced to end the visit so soon! Such is life!
Hey and do you see how adorable Livi's outfit was for her party? Yeah I have a blog friend, Chellie, in Mesa who sent this adorable set to Livi. It came ON her birthday and she LOVES it! I need to get a better picture of it so you can really see how cute it is. Here's the fun thing about Chellie. She is my cousin's cousin who visited Panguitch every summer. I haven't seen her since the early 90's. She says the last time she saw me I was wearing my cheer outfit which means I probably had a nice perm and sparkly braces...YIKES! We now live an hour away from each other and communicate via our blogs. We really need to make a trip to Mesa soon!
Chellie, THANK YOU so much! Your talents and kindness just blow me away!

Saturday was the big bash. It was actually a very small bash (only 3 families of her closest friends) but I thought the crowd was just right. We had an under the sea party (note the Ariel tiara and octopus hotdogs with shells and cheese). If you can't tell this little girl wishes she were a mermaid and now with the outfit she got from Gma K and Gpa J her dream has come true. When it comes to gifts she got spoiled!






11 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIVI AND DARREN! I little late... I know! We LOVE and miss you all! Looks like Livi had a GREAT birthday!
October's the month for birthdays for us too. I love the princess party--something that we did not see at our birthday parties!
Happy Birthday Livi -and Darren! I love the outfit!! I cant believe she is 3. Time Flies!!
Happy Birthday to Livi the Little Mermaid! 3 is such a FUN age!
Glad to hear that you are doing well and to know that others have crash periods too!!
Sorry about the chin - but isn't glue the best?! What a great week of celebrations! Happy Birthday to Darren and is it possible that your first baby is 3?
Happy Birthday Darren and Livi! I am glad you were able to get caught up.
I'm jealous that you have Shelly there -- reminds me of when Darren used to live with us during the summer -- a lifesaver. Cute birthday pictures! We also had two birthday celebrations in a week this month. My first thought when seeing the octopus hotdog was, "They gave Olivia calamari for her birthday?"
Happy Birthday to Livi and Darren!
She looks so cute, I'm glad she likes it. I am so glad it got there on her birthday... how cool is that!?!? We'll play soon!
Olivia looks just like you. What a cutie! I can't believe she is already 3. Looks like you know how to throw a party! Looks like fun! Love ya Sal!
It was so great to visit, if only for a little while, and meet most of your family. I will let you know when we're in town again. Plan on next October.
Thanks for a fun party! Let's get together again soon. btw, we stopped in Panguitch yesterday for lunch on our way to SLC and I thought of you!
Post a Comment