December 5, 2008

Stop the clock!


Guess who's a 2 year old as of last week! Can it really be? I would like to stop time now. Can we just stay right here forever please? Actually let me get my house clean and THEN we can stop the clock. When I think about the past two years I feel so many emotions...one of them being exhaustion. Hmm is that an emotion? If not it is the root of most of MY emotions. Here's the thing...Mason wasn't planned and prayed for like Olivia. We didn't fast time after time for him. Rather he is the perfect example of Heavenly Father's wisdom. He came to us by surprise! I happen to love surprises! It is true...these 2 have run me ragged. But let me tell you...I can't imagine life without them this close to each other. They are best friends.

And now, let me tell you about this kid. I mean look at his face...so innocent...NOT! When he was a little baby he seemed so calm and happy most of the time. In the meantime my 1 year old was a ball of energy bouncing off of everything. I was sure that Mason would be my more reserved child. Yeah right! He is a master climber, a super screamer, and one crazy kid. He has the teenage don't bother me face down and lately he loves to yell "I...SAID...NOOOO!" Don't even try to wrestle him unless you want to lose. He can take down even big kids. Poor Olivia is always getting tossed or sat on or rolled on. Oh but then there is the super sweet, melt my heart side of Mason. His hugs...indescribable. His kisses are so tender (as long as he remembers to keep it shut). His little gruff high voice goes right through me. Oh and lately his increasing vocabulary cracks me up not to mention his enunciation (or lack thereof). When he wakes up he just talks and sings. I love listening to his little voice through the monitor " O MacnonO has a sssssnak-k...E I E I O". Best of all he totally believes that mommy's kisses are magic no matter how severe the bonk. Yeah I am melting away right now...I mean LOOK at that face! I just LOVE being this kid's "Momby"!

Happy 2 years buddy! I love you...even if you are destroying the house as we speak!
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Travis and Rhonda said...

He's so cute! I remember being at your house when he was one month old! Wow--that was two years ago! I love his Diego tag-along.

Mrs. Nettles said...

I will never forget when you came up to me in church and told me the news of your sweet surprise. How wonderful it is having them close in age. You are a wonderful mommy.

mjs ashworth said...

Happy Birthday Mason! He is such a cutie!
I love his Birthday crown, what a handsome prince!

Jeff and Jen said...

Oh that is so sweet. (looking at the bottom pic) Happy Birthday Mason, a few days ago.
Between Mason's wrestling and Ashton's KungFoo we should have quite the Christmas.

jewly said...

Happy Birthday Mason!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday to Mason! I didn't realize that he was so close in age to my Steven (his birthday was Nov 8th). Two year old language is my favorite too! I could listen to Steven talk all day, which is good because I usually do listen to him talk all day!

Marielle Carlisle said...

I always knew he was a rascal! He's always got that gleam in his eye, like he's plotting his next escapade. He'll have to teach Chase some of his take-down-big-sister moves.

Mandy and Kalen said...

Happy birthday Mason! I remember when you were BRAND new and your mommy was tired cause you didn't like to sleep so you slept with me. You were one of the best ways I convinced Uncle Kalen that we were ready to have a baby! You slept through the night... nine hours I believe! An angel! I don't know why your mommy thought that you didn't like to sleep at night! I LOVE you buddy! I can't wait to see you at Christmas. We'll have to wrestle!

A. Schoonie said...

What a handsome little boy. He is looking so grown up. His hair looks so cute. What a blessing that Heavenly Father always knows what we need in our life.

Bullock said...

I know there's already 9 comments but I have to say how much I loved your post. I'm picturing in my mind his little voice singing "Omacnon-O", that is so stinking cute!!! Don't you love that they hav each other? Ethan and Abbey have there moments (like I'm sure Olivia and Mason do) but just the other day when Ethan was leaving somewhere with Dallas, Abbey jumped up and said "hug hug hug!" (which is what Ellie says every time someone leaves), and they totally hugged~! They don't do that very often so it melted my heart. God knows they need each other, what a sweet blessing little Mason is. When can we set him up on a date with Ellie? Love ya girl, you're such a good Momma!

Sheryl

Chellie said...

Cute cute cute! Happy birthday to your sweet Mason! Does he want a tutu?? :)

nikki said...

Happy birthday to an extra sweet little guy! He truly was the best kind of surprise and your kids are lucky to have each other - and to have you!

Shantel Palmer said...

Happy Birthday Mason! He is such a sweetheart... we need to get together & play again soon!