January 20, 2009

Truly Monumental


I wish Mason understood what a remarkable day today is in history. Maybe then he would have allowed me to watch more of the inauguration in peace. I should go easy on him though after all he has 2 doses of Albuterol in him so of course he is being super hyper! In any case I have to say that although some of my political views differ from President Obama I can't deny the remarkable occasion that our nation faces today. I was humbled as I listened to him speak and as I realized the remarkable change that has already occurred in our country that, as he said, someone who may have been refused service in a restaurant years and years ago could now be sworn to the highest oath of office in our government. The moral downfall of our nation in general can't be denied but I think it is important to realize that good changes have also been made. Like I said I don't agree with many of President Obama's views but this morning as I stood while he took the oath I felt peace and comfort as well as joy for his family.

For me the remarkable thing that remains is simply that my Savior was still mentioned in prayer and His word (see the Bible in the picture above) is still at the center of the inauguration. Although Jesus Christ is forgotten across our nation by many (certainly not all) I know that He still guides us, that He loves us, and that He will not fail us.

PS Yo Yo Ma is a rock star! All four of the musicians were incredible but Yo Yo Ma could stink it up and he would still be awesome to watch perform. I love it when people love what they do especially when it's music!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

A. Schoonie said...

I completely agree with you. By the way that is an awesome picture of the capitol. It looks so patriotic.

Anderson Family said...

I was thinking the same thing while watching Yo Yo Ma perform as well.

Kristi Kroeger said...

So glad to hear someone say something positive about it. It truely was a remarkable day! Especialy for those of us who voted for him! What?! Did I say that out loud :)