March 25, 2009

A couple of silly kids


 
This morning I woke up and heard Olivia crying.  She was clearly still half asleep and having some sort of bad dream.  Before I could even get up I heard Mason say in the sweetest voice, "Oh no wha wog liela (what's wrong Olivia)".  When I came to the door I saw Mason crawl into Olivia's bed and then start stroking her hair and whispering "It ok, doh cy (don't cry)" over and over.  I hope I can hold onto that moment throughout today especially when he inevitably drives me crazy.
 
As we speak Mason is sitting next to me watching the Backyardigans and singing along.  He keeps hugging me and telling me he is happy today.  In the meantime Olivia the grouch is in bed trying this waking up thing again.  She was out of bed earlier but she had clearly gotten up on the wrong side.  They are rarely ever happy at the same time!
 
And now a word about Olivia!  She was saying the prayer the other day.  She said, "please bless daddy's glasses to stay on his face and please bless his hair to start growing".  Even Darren laughed at that one.  A couple of days later she prayed that aunt Katie's eyes would be ok and that Uncle Ronnie would stay on his mission.
 
A couple of weeks ago we were watching 2 little boys who live in a family of all boys.  Olivia goes to school with the older one.  They were playing together really well and then she decided to play dress ups.  When she came walking out looking like this he just looked at her in awe.  Not in a "wow she looks neat" kind of way.  More like a "what the heck?  Girls are wierd" way.  As I watched them and he continued to look at her funny I thought how that is probably a good example of how guys really feel about us girls when we get all gussied up to impress them.  Half of the time (if not more) they probably just think we are silly.

PS  My awesome mother in law sent me a ton of pictures of my kids last night.  When I started coming accross a ton of Livi when she was a baby I was sooooo relieved.  There were also some of Darren and I when we were first married!

6 comments:

Janet said...

So darling!! What's with the bruise on Mason's head?!?!

Borland family said...

YEAH!! I'm so glad someone had pictures to share with you! I was really sad for you and started going through our old pictures and actually just putting them on a disk.I hope more family and friends can find pictures for you. Good lUck!

Megan said...

I'm glad you found more pictures...yay!! Sally, I'm looking for your list of digital scrapbooking websites you supplied at the enrichment activity we had last year please. If you still have them and have a minute could you email them to me at 7scottbrown@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I will be looking in my files too to see what I have of your family.

Karen and Joe said...

awww...so endearing about Mason comforting Olivia! Love those tender moments! Olivia's prayer was awesome!! Joe is wondering if she wouldn't mind including him in her prayers as well! hahaha :)

Bullock said...

Oh how I love the story of Mason comforting Olivia, that is so darn sweet. He's one handsome little guy, Ellie's one lucky girl to be betrothed to him!

Hey I was reading the funny thing you made me when I went home from my mission with the picture of you and I that you drew with all the quotes all around it. It made me laugh so hard. Like, "I'm going to kidnapp you and then I'm going spend some time with you." And holy cow I have to admit that I had forgotton about your Craig! That was hil-arious! I miss your stinkin' guts.

Sheryl