April 6, 2009

What a tease!

Darren's childhood stories usually involve Kevin, Darren's older brother who tormented the other siblings with relentless teasing. At our family reunion last year Darren's mom read us some letters she had found that her kids had written to her when they were younger.  The theme usually involved tattling on Kevin or pleading for relief from him.
Well...I believe we have an "uncle Kevin" on our hands.
 
I wish that this picture accurately represented Mason's "uncle Kevin" side.  Kevin has a Phd in Food Science and he really knows what pleases the tummy.  We could handle THAT around here...well our tastebuds could but maybe not our waistlines. 

 
However, this is a more accurate depiction of Mason's "uncle Kevin" side.  The look on Olivia's face is a constant these days.  She is always being chased, wrestled, and teased by this little pill.  The more she screams and "fake" cries the more energy he gets.  Is that how it was with Kev Janet?  How did he live to adulthood?

 
Still Mason's blossoming personality is stealing my heart away. 

 
I can't get enough of his funny little voice, his grouchy eyes, his perfect little smile, or his hilarious run.  Still the screaming he induces in his sister...that I can live without!  If it doesn't stop soon this little tease might get himself shipped to Minnesota to live with uncle Kevin.  I'm sure that's just what Aunt Vera needs...another mini Kevin.  She already has 3...plus the original!

Disclaimer:  Now that I think of it I guess I can't blame all of Mason's teasing on Kevin.  I have plenty of those teasing boy types in my family too.  You know who you are (Dad...Jeff)!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Janet said...

May the "force" be with you is all I have to say!!

Kevin said...

love him

Kevin said...

and when you figure out what to do with him, let me know as I have a 3-yr old cousin of his that could benefit from this..

Anna said...

Wow. that second picture reminds me SO MUCH of Lincoln II----but he's tackling my 8 month old girl!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Sally, I'm sorry you have a "little Kevin". Count your blessings right now, because I have 3 "little Kevins" + the Original Kevin. And by the way, it gets better. Look what Kevin turned out to be today. He is a wonderful husband, a wonderful father, a wonderful friend, a hard worker, a great priesthood holder, a great chef and he holds bachelors', a masters' and a PhD degrees. What more could I ask for!? In other words brace yourself for those wonderful qualities that Mason will have one day. YOU CAN DO IT! If Janet survived ONE KEVIN. You can survive ONE KEVIN. Now if you ever have another boy, ask for ONE DARREN. On the other hand, I don't know if I'll survive with THREE KEVINS and the ORIGINAL ONE. Pray for me. I'm praying for you. Brayden is a DUPLICATE of Mason. Have fun! I'm trying to here.

X said...

Haha, Lauren did the same kind of things to me when we were little, maybe it was because we didn't have brothers then so she felt she had to take over the role of "pesterer" :)