June 17, 2009

Here we go again!

 
Oh Mason!  Tuesday he was soooo sick and could hold nothing down.   After a very long day he was finally acting like Mason.  He had a little fever but nothing to high and after some medicine it was coming down...or so I thought.  I was with him...he was playing with me when I turned to check on Livi who was eating her dinner.  Right there at my feet Mason started to have a seizure.  (This behavior isn't a huge surprise in our house but is nonetheless terrifying to watch.)  I didn't even know he was seizing  until I felt his little leg jerk against my ankle.  I can't stop thinking about that moment when I looked down and saw him convulsing. AND I can't stop thinking about why I didn't see how it started.  I mean did he fall?  Or was he already on the ground?  He was in a lot of distress afterward which was scary and unusual for us.  The Dr. had us take him to ER.  That was ultimately a waste of time and money!  Luckily Mason was almost 100% the next day...

 
Wish I could say the same for Olivia.  She then decided it was her turn to puke on mommy.  What I will say for Olivia is that she has such amazing faith.  When Mason started to seize she jumped down from the table and came over to us asking what was wrong.  She saw that he was drenching my leg in spit so she grabbed a towel for me.  Then she proceeded to pray.  She prayed for every single part of Mason's body it seemed.  As soon as she said amen Mason's seizure stopped.  It was amazing!
 
Darren was on his way to help the Elder's Quorum Presidency paint a house in our neighborhood when the seizure happened.  I called him and he ran home.  Then he called one of the other guys to come help give Mason a priesthood blessing. 4 guys showed up.  I think that we were a very scary sight when they showed up.  Mason was in such distress it was almost more terrifying than the seizure itself.  His entire body was clenched.  I could feel all of his muscles just trembling and he was screeching in pain through a clenched jaw.  It was so sad.  They began the blessing and just as Darren said "bless your body to relax and to recover" it was like Mason unfolded.  His hard shaking muscles just loosened, he instantly stopped screeching, and he started to breathe easy.  I felt such gratitude and peace.  It was really an incredible experience.  I absolutely have faith in God's ability and desire to bless our lives and to ease our pain.  He has done it for us time and time again!

(PS if you are reading this and not of my faith you can read here and here to learn about our belief in the priesthood and in the blessing and healing of the sick)

8 comments:

Bullock said...

Wow my friend, that is amazing. In fact I feel silly using a word like amazing because it isn't good enough. I'm so glad Darren was close by and that through Olivia's prayer (so sweet!) and the Priesthood little Mason's ok. Scary for you!! You need to tell your kids to stop with the seizurs!
That's too much stress for one Mom. Hope they're all better now:)

Sheryl

Anonymous said...

Isn't it so comforting that we have the gospel and especially the priesthood? I am glad that everything is better now. Livi looks so pretty in her picture.

*I am so jealous you were at In-N-Out. I can't wait until the No.Utah locations open. Until then, enjoy it for me. :)

Kristi Kroeger said...

Having my own little one that is afflicked with the same challenges, I am definately thankful for the power of the priesthood!! It is such a scary helpless feeling to see your child like that!! If there is anything we can do for you guys, please let me know! Is Dr. Kliener going to have him go to St. Joseph's? I hear that is the top pediatric nuerological center in the U.S.

Travis and Rhonda said...

Bless his heart! How scary for you guys. I hope things are settling down now.

Anonymous said...

Private blogs don't update.. I don't know why. I think it is kindof buggy. That might be why it didn't show an update.

Pini said...

How Terrifying and Powerful at the same time. I'm so sorry Sally. Give both your kids a tender hug from me...they both(you parents too)went through a lot that day. I can't imagine the stress on little ones seeing/experiencing that. They are blessed children to have parents they can count on. I think it's a result of your example and teaching that Olivia said what she did so immediately. You are wonderful parents! I'm glad to know things are quieting down now. Who says miracles don't happen nowadays!

Karen and Joe said...

Oh Sally! I'm so sorry to hear that you all had to endure such a scary event! I'm glad to hear that Mason is alright, what blessing the priesthood is! And the power of a sweet prayer from a loving sister!! I hope this was the last of those that you'll see.

Tara L. said...

How Scary! i am glad that he is ok. I am so grateful for the power of prayer and Priesthood blessings. Where would we be without them?