July 15, 2009

Salem Pond

Grandma Wright's house is right by Salem Pond.  This is the reason I have fallen in love with Salem.  Between the beautiful view and super friendly people we met along the way I found myself wishing we lived there.  Being there with family, that we see far too little of, probably had something to do with it as well.

I love this picture of Darren's dad pushing Grandma Wright around the pond in her wheelchair.  Grandma Wright loves that pond and loves going for walks around it.  In fact the first time I met her we took a walk around the pond.  Years down the road whenever I think of Grandma Wright one of the first memories I'll have will be the pond.

 
Grandma Janet brought pancakes for the kids to feed the ducks.  Olivia must have been super hungry because she probably ate WAY more than she fed the ducks.  The scary part was when some lady came along sharing their moldy bread with our kids.  YIKES!  Olivia has a super reflex to put food in her mouth I guess.

 
We loved our little walk around the pond.  We loved being able to see Darren's family (or at least some of them we missed the rest of you).  For some people once a year is enough but I really wish we could see EVERYONE on the Wright side way more often especially now that my kids are getting older.

 
I am so grateful for this lovely lady.  She is a lot like me I think.  Social, busy, outgoing, music lover, etc.  I can't imagine how difficult it is to be a mother of 6 kids who all live in different parts of the country.  She always manages to think of everyone and tries her hardest to do what she can to help her family and friends.  It seems like she is always traveling somewhere to be the super grandma.  She's a doer and I love that!  Thanks for everything that you do Janet.  I love you!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

the sorensons said...

oh miss sally wally! you were in utah and did not call me! oh how i am sad:( next time.....