The Panguitch Valley. It's pretty much the best place on Earth!
Left to Right, Top to Bottom:
Backyard View - I LOVE the sprinklers in the mornings with the sun shining right through the water.
My dear ol' PHS - What can I say, I learned a lot here. Do I miss high school? Not so much but I have some great memories.
Henrie's aka Eat-a-bles - My mom worked here (she even flirted with my dad here putting Tabasco sauce in his drink one time), I worked here, Jeff worked here, my cousin Annette worked here, and now my little Jamie Lou works here. I come from a long line of greasy food...YUM!
The Historic Social Hall - I had my first paying gig here. I spent 3 summers in this building singing, dancing, and acting for the many tourists who came along.
The Garfield County Courthouse - I got my driver's license here. And I think there might be a picture of me on the wall inside.
Buffalo Java and Wild Horse Merc. - One of my many summer jobs. I converted a group of bikers to bagels with cream cheese and spicy mustard. Really you should try it!
The Cowboy Smokehouse - Here spent entire days one summer. I waited tables in the mornings and then sang at night. Back in the day there was often a wait of over an hour to get in...it was that good! If you find yourself passing through you might want to try it...and you might find my lil' sister Katie singing there nowadays.
The Hatch house and the Oeting house - Panguitch has so many incredible historic red brick homes. They add so much character to our little town.
Grandpa Buck and Grandma Shirley's - Grandpa built this house with his own hands. Here I learned so much about love and service. One of my greatest memories will always be how they always held hands when they were together. I know Grandma must just miss holding his hand somedays. I miss him.
Grandpa and Grandma Cooper's - It has been almost 20 years since Grandpa Cooper passed away. We lived around the corner for a while so it was easy to head over to their house. I always feel loved there. My dad is such a kind, generous, and outgoing person thanks to them. I feel grateful that I was old enough that I remember my Grandpa. I miss him too!
And this is my house. That is cute Jamie...the baby. This is where I learned sacrifice as I watched my mom send my dad off on the truck week after week. I learned about duty and hard work as I realized that my dad had to be alone for days in order to provide for his family. That was an aspect that I often overlooked. I learned about faith, prayer, and patience when we finally were able to be sealed in the temple...something that my mom prayed for for 14-15 years. I experienced the typical teenage hardships and insecurities while I lived here. Looking back those little trials seem so meaningless but I believe that they have given me more strength and ability to understand myself and my Savior than almost any other trial that I have faced. I learned charity as I watched my mom always anxious to serve others who were in need. Mostly I learned to love the gospel and my family.
PS Do you wonder what I am talking about when I say we were sealed in the temple? In the Mormon faith we believe that we do not part at death if we are sealed in the temple as families. In fact the family is central to life after death. You can watch this to learn more if you so desire!








5 comments:
Love the sneak peek into your beautiful little town and love your testimony of the things you learned as you grew up there!
You are killing me with memories! I love it, Thanks. (I thought you were going to tell us you and your family were moving back.)
I am kind of being a cry baby today, so thanks for another teary read. Great pictures. Love you guys.
sounds like a way cool town and loved your life lessons your learned there! You are so awesome, your strength strengthens me! Lov ya!
Ah the good times! Thanks for posting this, Sal. Hope all is well with you guys. Hey, you have to watch my good friend on KPHO, Chris Dunn. He is there new Chief Meteorologist.
Travis
Post a Comment