More fun with the Brimhalls!
So the night before we were going to be heading to Slide Rock State Park near Sedona I posted a little note on my facebook page asking what else was worth a visit in that area. I got a resounding response to go to Jerome and to eat at the Haunted Hamburger. So we did it! The burgers were pretty darn good and the view was incredible!
Jerome is a mining town that sits up on the side of a mountain. It is a super quaint little town. But getting up there is quite a steep road...especially if GPS tells you to take a dirt road for part of the trip. I was weary about that turn but Darren insisted that it must be right since GPS was telling it so. I almost had an anxiety attack driving up that crazy dirt road with barely enough room for myself let along the 4 runner that met us half way. Lesson learned...do not trust GPS...trust your instincts! YIKES!
We spent more time in Jerome than we had anticipated therefore arriving at Slide Rock a little later. Still we had time to go check it out. I think it was fun. The water was pretty cold so I didn't venture in much. DeeAnn and Darren both took on the natural slide in the freezing creek. I know they were freezing by their facial expressions and Darren's little squeals. Then Darren took the kids on one little slide while I deemed myself the photographer. We'll definitely go back! I highly recommend it!
He's just cute!
Thank you soooo much for coming to see us Brimhall Family. We love and miss you guys.






3 comments:
So glad you had a good time! it's nice when people visit and get you motivated to get out and see some of the awesome sites around here! We totally will have to plan a trip there....when the twins are a little older maybe :)
That looks like fun!!! Can we go when we come to visit? Whenever that will be.
I love slide rock and Jerome! I do not however love the ride to Jerome, nothing like thinking you are going to lose your life to wake you up in the morning!
Post a Comment