September 8, 2009

It's No Willy Wonka!

Darren's sister DeeAnn and her fun family came to visit us in smoldering Phoenix. We are so happy that they came. We had so much fun with them. We took a little tour of the Cerreta Chocolate factory in Glendale. It started out pretty boring. I think we were expecting to get a closer look at how things work...or maybe I was expecting Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! Finally at the end the kids got to make some yummy treats and thus we ended the tour on a fun note.

The big kids made white chocolate cactus and cowboy hats. Then the little ones made bacon and eggs. All of them were delish!

When the tour guide asked if anyone had any questions Olivia unexpectedly raised her hand. She said she was going to ask if she (the tour guide) ate a lot of chocoate. When she came to Livi with the microphone Liv got a little distracted and quickly forgot what she was going to say. I can't even describe the look on her face as she got kind of nervous and then just said the first thing that came to her mind. "Last week...I went to my grandma's house". It was adorable.
From this picture I'd say Cerreta was a hit...mostly because it was air conditioned. It turned out to be a fun experience though. To bad it was too hot outside to buy any chocolate. We came away with Jelly Beans instead...hmmmm.
More Brimhall fun to come!

3 comments:

Karen and Joe said...

hahaha, I totally get what you are saying! We've been there and it is kinda boring at first and we were hoping for Charlie to come out soon too! Then finally the free chocolate yeah!! Glad you made it though with all smiles :)

Bullock said...

I love that Mason and Livvy are wearing the yumminess on their faces.

I want to come and visit you too, I don't even care if it's hot!! I'd even sit through a boring tour of the chocolate factory just to be with you!

love ya~!

Sheryl

Anna said...

Looks like fun! And I can't believe how fast your kids are growing!