January 14, 2010

A Few of my Favorite Things!

Yes, I am still a blogger...just a very busy and slightly overwhelmed one!
So we were in Panguitch for Christmas. There are so many fun things to share but for now (since it is bedtime) I will just share a "few of my favorite things" about our trip. There will be more to come in a later post. How much later....well...I hope not to much!
See that face? This picture perfectly captures that guy that LOVES being a grandpa...my dad. My dad was SOOO anxious to play in the snow with the kids that he was rushing us to get home from the family Christmas party. When we got home from the party he was already outside and all geared up to get going! No wonder he bugged me about having kids for so long...his grandpa side was just itching to get out!

As you can see the kids loved it. Never mind that it was about 5 degrees outside at this point. I got so cold taking their pictures for a bit that my hands started hurting and I had to go inside. We ended up wrapping scarves around their mouths and noses and they just kept on riding. When they face planted Mason and Olivia were both screaming and crying. I ran out and asked Mason if he wanted to come inside now. Through his tears he said, "no...I want to sleigh ride".
Here are Santa's little helpers on Christmas Eve getting all geared up to go Caroling. It's a Cooper family tradition on Christmas Eve.
Funny TRUE story! As we were leaving Grandma Shirley's house during our caroling we saw a couple of cars up ahead on main street swerve just as a buck went bouncing across the street!!! It bounced over past us and into someones yard! Mason just said in a very matter of fact and not at all surprised voice, "oh, it's Rudolph just". Seriously....what are the chances of seeing a big deer in town on Christmas Eve! Later that night after we had gone caroling and gotten pajamas on we saw the same deer again in front of my parents house!!!!! They don't even live by grandma! It was SO crazy. Yet again Mason seemed as if he knew it was just normal as he again explained that it was Rudolph!
Ahh, and the ever memorable Christmas morning!
So about that lasso! Just as the kids were getting ready for bed on Christmas Eve I decided to take a quick video of them just asking what they want from Santa. Olivia kept to her usual request...a barbie with wings that turn into a dress (see above). Mason however changed his tune last minute. He said he wanted a lasso!!! What? Did you tell Santa that? Yes? Hmmmm! Well lucky for us Santa had connections and pulled through last minute! I wonder if he called my Aunt and Uncle who's kids are all super PRO ropers? I'm sure they could have helped Santa out last minute! Hmmmm....I wonder!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Bullock said...

So glad you're back! I miss you more when you don't post!

Absolutely love your dad's face in that first picture. The smile takes 10 years off his age, I thought it was someone else at first! I secretly wish my kids could adopt your parents as an extra set of grandparents:)!

Sheryl

Shantel Palmer said...

I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas! The kids look so cute all bundled up in their winter clothes. We miss you guys!

Katie Dotson said...

Sheryl, I know without having to even ask my parents that they would be your childrens adopted grandparents any day. The more the merrier! :-)

And Sals.... I love you! You were one of my favorite things during Christmas! xoxoxoxo