Wow, I've been trying to post this event for a couple of weeks now but blogger has been in a fight with me or something. So frustrating!
UPDATE! ARGH. My pics weren't showing up on this post so I had to repost the pictures and now they will only post small. So I guess blogger is still officially in a fight with me! RUDE! Ok, I got that out...carry on!
Well, here we are, the 2010 participants of the Miss America Party!
Now if you haven't seen my Miss America Party posts before then you might be wondering, "what happens at a Miss America Party anyhow"? Please refer to the photos above top to bottom and left to right.
1. We have good (and sometimes slightly offensive) food. :)
2. There are occasionally some technical glitches. Don't worry though we didn't need any men to fix it for us. Mary got it all figured out!
3. We watch the Miss America Pageant and make a lot of comments (both positive and negative). There are a few attempts to show that "I can do that". Marielle was sure she could do a hula dance just as well as one of the contestants. Hmmmm...
4. We eat more food...and act a little silly! What? I was hungry alright!
5. We raise awareness. Last year's "Miss America Party" queen raised awareness about the neglectful treatment of flour sack babies. There was a fun video presentation involved. Something was said about the poor babies being made into sugar cookies. Great times!
6. We hold a contest where everyone judges the contestants on TV and lists their top 5. Mary and I (the pageant directors) tally scores based on the outcome of the pageant and a new "Miss America Party" is named!
It's really just a great opportunity for us to get together and to have a great time with great people.
On a very serious note....we did have a controversy this year. "Miss America Party" 2009 was unable to come to the 2010 party! SHOCK!!!! DISGRACE!!!!! She (being the 15 year old that she is) felt it far more important to participate in a production of "The Wizard of Oz". After viewing a very telling video it was revealed that ultimately she got to wear a bigger crown as Glinda than at the party therefore her decision was easy! The question of whether she will be allowed to participate in coming years is still before the board. Mary and I are very forgiving though...so we'll see.
Thank you Marielle for stepping in to fulfill the duties of the outgoing queen. Your speech was so refined and dignified (not a speck of resentment) as was your final walk/dance!
And finally! Congrats to our 2010 Miss America Party, Patrice and her attendants Rebecca, Julianne, and Kris!






5 comments:
Just as last year... still jealous that we're not neighbors
I totally showed up Miss Hawaii and her lame hula dance. She needs to get new moves, cause I got SKILLZ!
Probably couldn't hula... but who couldn't do that little Legally Blonde dance?
You and Mary are hilarious!!! I totally had fun even tho I didn't technically "win"...but you never know, there may be another scandal next year...
how have i missed this 2 years in a row! maybe next time...
Post a Comment