January 29, 2008

Miss America Party 2008!

My friend Mary and I hosted a Miss America Party at her house this year. We invited a few people over to watch the pageant and eat snacks. Mary put together a scoring sheet so that we could "judge" the finalists and I came up with a few prizes. We had Mary's Miss Utah crown and some of my old tiares out so that whoever really wanted to feel like a queen could wear them during the show. The winner, Colleen, was crowned "Miss America Party 2008" with some cheap silk roses and a plastic party tiare that flashes lights! The runners-up were Kalia Woods, Kathleen Hallsey, and Kenzie Hallsey. I thought that the party was a huge success and it is definitely something that will become a tradition. Colleen will have to give up her crown next year.


Left: Colleen Kelly doing her "walk" after being crowned Miss America Party 2008. Right: Top L-R Mary, Jewly, Michelle Lundberg, Kenzie, Kylie, Kathleen, Colleen, Michelle Woods, Nikki, Katie, Sally (me) Bottom L-R Kate-bug, Kalia, and Lilly

The highlight of the pageant was the beginning when Miss Utah, Jill Stevens, was named the 16th semi-finalist as selected by viewers online. We went crazy cheering for her! Then when Jill did push-ups after being eliminated we were even more excited. Jill may not have had the experience of some of the other contestants but it was great to see her really stick to her values. How awesome to still see some modesty! As for the winner, Miss Michigan...hmmm. I guess she did a good job in every part of the competition with the exception of the Talent. Maybe her nerves got the best of her. Not that it matters...she still won!

Left: Miss Michigan now Miss America in her "peacock" dress. Right: Miss Utah, Army Sgt. Jill Stevens
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys.Sally you don't know me, I grew up with the wrights in the Dartmouth ward. I was happy to stumble on to your blog I loveseeing how everyone is doing. Well,thought I'd drop you all a hello. Lisa Pack Borland borlandtimes.blogspot.com