February 7, 2008

Kiss it better!

Olivia has gotten to be quite the hugger, kisser, lover girl. She makes the cutest little "ahhhhh" sound when she hugs you and says "give hugs...oh, I love you". Cute right? I have been kissing her ouchies better a lot too. She has come to depend on kisses before she feels better after any bonks or konks. Just now while we were eating lunch she bit her tongue. I know that hurts and she was obviously very upset. I went over to give her a hug when she stuck her tongue out at me and said "kith it betha (translation: kiss it better)" remember she is talking with her tongue sticking out so her toddler accent was even more slurred. I looked down to see some still partially eaten chicken and a slobbery little tongue begging to feel better. Instead I kissed my finger and touched it quickly to the corner of her mouth and said "all better". She looked at me kind of funny for a minute and then said, "ok, finger kissed it better, that works".

Mason's mumbling has started to sound like it is actually something...occasionally. The recognizable words he says are: craca (cracker), wawa (water), Doha (Dora), pull, mamama, dadada, nonono, gogogo (Go Diego), wackaba (rock a bye), and yaya (Olivia). Lately he stands at my feet while I pour him a drink or get him some crackers and he dances with excitement. He rocks side to side or even spins in circles.

No comments: