March 5, 2008

Personal Progress Under Construction!


L to R: Jill, Jamie, Kathleen, Michelle, and Mary (Lisa had already left when we took this picture but she is also a lot of fun).

Suprisingly I LOVE my new calling and these girls (I just can't quite think of us as ladies) are a lot of the reason why. This is such a fun group to serve with in the Young Womens. I think that it is important for the leaders to enjoy themselves at the activities, it makes it easier for the girls to have a good time and honestly who wouldn't have a party with this group.

We had New Beginnings last week and it was awesome. Kathleen and Mary were the creative minds and they did a great job. As you can see it is set up as a construction site. The theme was "Personal Progress Under Construction". The leaders all dressed like we were "the crew" (note Jill's appropriate stance and attire). We each presented a value and placed a tool in the tool box to represent that specific value. We then had a "build" your own sundae dessert bar. It was so much fun!

top-bottom L-R: Aubrey and Kylie hammin' it up for the camera, Jamie indulging with the yummy stuff, Mary and Misti, and finally Jazzi getting into the theme and joining in on the fun.

top-bottom L-R: Me sporting Olivia's toy safety glasses and being a dork, Jill finishing up some of the Ice Cream (don't you LOVE her helmet), Meghan, Ariel, and Lauren chatting, and Lisa during her value presentation. It was a fun night, hopefully the girls had fun but also felt the spirit and felt motivated to do their own personal progress.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

A. Schoonie said...

What a cute, creative idea! Thanks for sharing. I am sure you are an awesome YW leader!
By the way I love the deja vu. I will have to show those to Trent!!

JCooper said...

Wow - I'm seriously impressed! You'll have to give me your YW ideas cuz it's always hard to come up with things on your own. Looks like a fun group. Those girls are lucky to have you!

Mandy and Kalen said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Hey Sal-remember when you were the camp leader for our Young Women's. Now that was fun!

Sally said...

Just to be clear, I did hardly anything for our very creative New Beginnings besides presenting a value, taking some pictures, and providing some toy tools. But Jen if you need some creative ideas we go the theideadoor.com and sugardoodle.net a lot.

Hayley said...

oh, to be a mia maid again...

nikki said...

Such an awesome night! I love seeing how it turned out after talking with Kathleen. It looks so fun and I'm sure the girls really felt the Spirit too. I agree that working with an awesome bunch of "girls" makes your calling so fun! Hope you have a great day!