
5 years ago today Darren and I knelt across the alter of the temple to be married and sealed for time and all eternity. We were married in the St. George temple. The same temple that I was sealed to my family in when I was 15 years old. Darren had graduated from the BYU MACC program the day before and then we drove down to St. George so that I could meet many of his family members for the first time. We had a fun little program and dinner with both of our families. We had a great time that night. The next day was very spiritual. Sure the reception and everything else in between was very memorable and fun but the ceremony itself will always be my biggest and most incredible memory of that day, as it should be.
Now 5 years later we have lived in Belmont, MA, Chandler, AZ, and Anthem AZ. We have leased one house (car, furniture, and appliances included), one apartment, and have bought 2 different houses. Darren has had 4 different employers and I have had 3 different employers (now I work for my kids at home). We have 2 little crazy kids that despite how busy they make us are the light of our lives. Even though Darren and I spend a lot less time just the 2 of us together these days I love him more than ever. I also feel that we have conquered the biggest challenge of our marriage...I can usually sleep right through his snoring at night! :) He is such a great daddy and husband. He doesn't complain, he cleans, he tries to make anything happen that we feel is needed, he works really hard, he does a lot of things that I KNOW most husbands don't do, and he still loves me in spite of all the things he has learned about me in the past 5 years.

One of our engagement pictures taken at the court house in Provo, UT. My friend Mia took the pictures and did a great job.

Looking at these pictures would you say that I prefer a certain side?
Darren popped the question at the Corporate Alliance Valentines Ball at the Provo Library. It was a busy night for me. I was the Event Coordinator for the Ball and was running all over trying to keep Caterers, DJs, Musicians, Ballroom Dancers, and everyone happy. In the meantime Jared, Jeff, and Rob, my coworkers at Corporate Alliance, apparently knew that Darren was going to propose that night so they were heavily involved in helping to make it happen. Jared (who is a very nostalgic guy) was upset when he asked Darren what our song was and Darren said that we didn't really have one. Jared spent the whole first part of the night listening to songs through headphones at the DJ station. Iwas so mad at him and thought that he was micromanaging the DJ. After I sang Jared stood up with me and thanked everyone for coming. He then introduced Darren and Darren came up and knelt down with a microphone in his hand. He asked me to marry him! (If you know Darren then you know that this is very out of character for him, especially to do it in front of 230 people that he didn't know). Then Jared sent us out into the dance floor to dance to "our song". He choose "The Love of My Life" and it is still our favorite!
Thank you for asking Darren, "I'm so glad you found me"! I love you!





16 comments:
Congratulations on the five year mark. You both look exactly the same. How do you stay looking so young?
Exactly, I was going to ask the same question, Sally! You are so beautiful and you'll be the same age as me this May. How do you stay so young and beautiful? What is your secret Sally?
Congratulations guys!! I must say that I think Darren is EXTREMELY lucky to have found you:)
Lisa Pack Borland
Happy Anniversary you two. You are a great couple. We love you so much.
What a fun story! I never get tired of marriage and engagment stories - they're just so special!
You guys are awesome! Happy anniversary and here's to many more!
Happy Anniversary! I just love the wedding picture you posted. You both look so happy. I love your expression Sally. You look exactly how you described you felt that day. What a great couple! We miss you!
Awww! Congrats! :)
Sally- I've been looking at your blog for a little while now... and finally I just have to comment. You are SO cute and so is your family. I haven't seen you since back in the days in Panguitch... and I think you were wearing a cheerleading outfit!! :)
I'm a cousin to the Bulkley's... but on the other side :)
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary you 2! Congratulations. Fun that Anna visited. Did you have a fun time?
Sal- I found your friend Emily's blog. Danny Yardley's cousin. You can get to her blog from Brooke and Danny's yardleycrew.blogspot.com
LOVE YA!
Happy Anniversary! It seems like it was just yesterday...We love you both!
I am so glad that you are also proof that if we wait, Mr. Wright will come along. My mom was so nervous that I wasn't married at 23, and weren't you 27? I hate to give away your age, but I just want to let those unmarried 20 something girls know that the best is yet to come - hang in there! You are so fun - I am sure Darrin is thrilled that you waited for him. If you think it's good at 5 years, wait until 11! It really does just get better.
Congrats 5 years thats AWESOME!!
Congrats on the 5 year anniversary! That's great! :) You're kids are adorable... and I love the background on your blog.
Congrats Elder wright and sister cooper....you forgot to mention you had your fist date while on 'splits' as missionaries!!!!! I'm sure you two were googly eyeing eachother at zone conference!
Hi Sister Cooper and Elder Wright. It is me, Sister Spendlove. I came across your blog and thought I would say hi. Keep in touch. Our blog is ptllemos.blogspot.com
Post a Comment