My friend Kathleen and her family have season tickets to the Diamondbacks. Her hubby was out of town for a couple of days so I was lucky enough to reap the benefits of his absence. While I am sure that I was not able to add as much as Chris does to their family experience, it was so much fun. I enjoy baseball but it has been a long time since I have gone to a game and being AT the game is just so great. Plus the Dbacks won...sorry Giants fans...you know who you are!
I used to pose like this for pictures too! Even though they refused to humor my camera Kathleen's girls are so awesome. I am lucky enough to have Kylie in Mia Maids with me and Kenzie will be coming into YW with us soon! They make me a little less worried about having a teenage girl in my house one day. (Note how Kylie has her cell phone in her hand ready to text her dad with regular updates.)
I know that you probably think that this is a picture of me with one of Kathleen's girls but NO this is Kathleen herself. I love being in YW with Kathleen. She is so much fun and we have developed a really great friendship...at least I like to think so. :) To think that we had been in the same ward for about 2 years before we really got to know each other...tragic!
Finally the cute boys. Tyler (far) and Tanner (near). They are so sweet and definitely in love with baseball. Tanner is only 5 so his entertainment had to be supplemented a little bit with his Gameboy. (This is a great idea for parents who LOVE to take their kids to games but also LOVE to pay attention...genius). Speaking of supplemental entertainment...there is a playground at Chase Field! You should see this place it is awesome!
Ultimately I came away with an appreciation for what other families do to spend time together. Each one of Kathleen's kids really love going to the games so they don't have to nag or threaten in order to get some real quality family time together on a regular basis. It really was such a fun night. Thanks Chris for leaving :) and thanks Kathleen for thinking of me!





8 comments:
So fun!! I'm with you - I'm in love Kathleen and her family too. She is awesome and so are you!
Hey, I just made a poem. Glad you got to enjoy a fun night out!
I love the D-BACKS! They are my MLB team--you are so lucky. I did get to the BOB once and watch Randy Johnson pitch--it was awesome
WHAT! D-BACKS? I assume you were speaking of us as the Giants fans?! Ryan still has his uniform and I think he should wear it in his dental office instead of scrubs. Maybe he could even give out his own baseball cards instead of candy or stickers to young kids. Can you imagine?
TJ...I love that idea for Ryan! It would especially go over huge in San Fran...it would be a "homerun". Not that you are going to San Fran. Anthem is so the place for "Giant Dentistry".
Hi Sally! I just found your blog through Treion's. I was so excited to see your name listed. You have a beautiful family! It is fun to see everyone that you haven't seen forever! I will have to add you so we can keep in touch. My blog is: mmstahle@blogspot.com.
Hey my long lost friend! It was so great to see a comment from you on our blog. What a cute family you have! I remember meeting Darren in Panguitch, but I haven't ever seen your kids. They are adorable. We will have to meet up sometime. Jeff's parents are going to retire shortly to AZ, so there is a good chance we will see you out there. Keep in touch. Love ya!
too fun! i have always heard that going to a baseball game is a really fun experience...one of these days we will get around to it!
How Fun. I miss going to games.
Post a Comment