I have never really been a home body. Before kids if I had any free time I didn't really want to just spend that time at home. When Olivia was born that changed a little. When Mason was born that changed A LOT! I quickly learned that in order to be a relatively happy mommy I needed to keep the outings to a bare minimum. Going to the grocery store with a cranky one year old and a newborn was difficult at best. Trying to venture to the park was impossible. Olivia was everywhere and Mason would need to be held. Every now and then I would get brave and attempt an outing just the 3 of us only to be reminded why staying home was so essential. Happily outings have finally gotten to be a little easier especially when play is involved. So finally we have more regularly stepped outside to experience the world beyond our house. Sure it is still very exhausting but all three of us usually love it.
On that note: Fridays have turned into such a fun day. We have been going to a toddler music class at the community center with our friends Shantel and Izzie. Olivia especially LOVES music class. Mason is usually pretty clingy during the class until dance time starts and then he lets loose. On most days we stay to play with Izzie at the park or on the grass. I have loved having a set time each week to see our friends. Sadly we won't be attending the next session of the class since we are going to be gone for part of it. I think Olivia will notice the void. Yesterday she came into my room while I was getting ready time after time saying, "mommy, I'm ready for yusic kass now". We are still going to try to meet up with them at the park though.

Livi was lookin' particularly gorgeous on this day. She's always gorgeous but really... look at that face!
After running around on the grass and climbing the bench we made our way home for lunch. This is always an interesting part of the day especially when Mason gets to sit and the big kid table (not that he sits at all...he runs around instead).
On that note: Fridays have turned into such a fun day. We have been going to a toddler music class at the community center with our friends Shantel and Izzie. Olivia especially LOVES music class. Mason is usually pretty clingy during the class until dance time starts and then he lets loose. On most days we stay to play with Izzie at the park or on the grass. I have loved having a set time each week to see our friends. Sadly we won't be attending the next session of the class since we are going to be gone for part of it. I think Olivia will notice the void. Yesterday she came into my room while I was getting ready time after time saying, "mommy, I'm ready for yusic kass now". We are still going to try to meet up with them at the park though.
Livi was lookin' particularly gorgeous on this day. She's always gorgeous but really... look at that face!
After running around on the grass and climbing the bench we made our way home for lunch. This is always an interesting part of the day especially when Mason gets to sit and the big kid table (not that he sits at all...he runs around instead).
As if they hadn't already had enough fun we then decided to bust out the water colors that I had just purchased. They both made such beautiful masterpieces. Mason took the water in that red cup and poured it all over his paper for a very subtle bleeding effect. He is very artistic. My favorite part of the day was the long naps they took in the afternoon!





6 comments:
Holy Moly! I can't believe that is my little livi. She looks so different, so much older. Just from the last time we were down there. I love her piggys. She really is GORGEOUS. Well, we are so excited to see ya in a couple weeks and we love ya tons!
Outing to the park and watercolors in one day?? You are such a nice mommy!! :)
aaaahhhh - I can't stand having to wait until August to see them. I MISS YOU GUYS!!
Livi looks so old in that picture, I can't believe it.
We have the same issue with water when painting, ALWAYS gets dumped over. So McKenna only gets about 4 drops of water in her cup :).
I'm with you - I definitely love being on the go. It's so nice to get to the point where you can do that. Go you! You guys look like you had a great day. I need to be better at letting my kids get the paints out and make a mess!
I love the picture of the kids climbing on the bench - so cute!
And, I'm super impressed by the water colors. Maybe I'll try that one day, but I'm quite sure Izzie will try to eat the paintbrush!
You have such beautiful children and it sounds like you are one busy lady! :)
Post a Comment