May 12, 2008

To the moms in my life...a day late!


Mom, I love you! You have always put your kids first and we have reaped such huge benefits from your sacrifices. You taught us by example and we knew that the gospel was first in your life. I always saw you on your knees at night and for such extended amounts of time.

Family was definitely your next priority. Anyone who knows you cannot question your overwhelming love for your family. You taught me so much about compassion and charity. Not just in feeling compassion but in expressing it to anyone who was in need. Your expressions of charity have shaped my mind and heart. You don't ever just think in small terms. You always reached further than what seemed possible especially when it came to serving others. I am so lucky and blessed to be your daughter.

Janet, I love you! Marrying Darren has been such a blessing. Obviously because he is so great and wonderful but also because of the people that have come into my life through him. You are so so selfless and sacrificing. You are constantly thinking of how you can help us and serve us. You and I share so many opinions and interests. I love your talents and love of music. You saved my life last year when I really doubted if I could keep up with 2 babies who were so sick and a nasty allergy season. Thank you for rushing to my rescue without thinking twice. I know without a doubt that you desire only what is best for your family and what will make them happy. Thank you for raising such a wonderful son.


Grandma Cooper, I love you! You are such a great example of dedication and hard work. You raised a son, my dad, who has always worked so hard to provide for his family. You might have seemed somewhat like a "tough cookie" on the outside but I always saw those tears welling up. I am grateful for your expression of emotion. I am like you in that way especially. I have been blessed by the experiences we have had together both in laughing and crying. I loved working with you at the motel. Those summers gave us such great memories. You have always expressed such a great amount of love for me. I always feel so important with I am with you.

Grandma Shirley, I love you! We chose your name for our own little girl because of the great example you have been to me. You taught me faith, charity, and compassion. One of the most important things that you taught me was by your expression of love for your eternal companion. I cherish every memory of you and grandpa sitting together in church or walking down the sidewalk, hand in hand. Your love for each other has so greatly impacted my own marriage. I loved sitting with you in the front room listening to your old records. I learned to sing from my dad, but you and my mom have taught me so much about loving music and that is really what has kindled this incredible desire to fill my life with music. That is a HUGE part of my life!

Granny, I love you! I can't think of a better name than Sally. I am so privileged to carry your name with me throughout my life. I have always loved your stories and your sense of humor. As a little girl I focused in on the things that we had in common and convinced myself that we are just alike...I hope that is true in more ways than just not liking my fingernails filed like you. I will never forget seeing you for the first time after my mission. Your excitement was overwhelming! You made me feel so special and loved. I miss you!

To my many other grandmas...Many of you I never did meet in this life but I have benefited from your sacrifices, your talents, and your experiences.

5 comments:

nikki said...

What a great post! Aren't women amazing?! I love all the wonderful women in my family too and just loved your sweet tribute to your mothers and grandmothers. Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

Hayley said...

great pics. i love the one with all the girls on the grass. have fun this week!

Peggy Sue said...

hey stranger - I love your page - the kids are getting so big - I just started a blog for myself - check it out http://giggles84770.blogspot.com/ Talk to you soon

the stahle's said...

I love this post and all of the fun pictures. Your family is so cute. Your mom hasn't aged a day from one picture to the next!

Kendra said...

I love how you have all the photos of your MOM's that is sooo cute. Thanks for your comment on my other blog...you are far more talented than I though. I still adore the pictures you made for Mary they are to die for.