Olivia and I are not meshing so well today. She is really going through something and maybe the heat has something to do with it. I am glad that she finally went down for a nap because even if she didn't need it (which she obviously does) I DEFINITELY need it. I just know that I need a little Olivia therapy...I need to reflect on the cute and wonderful things she does because she really is so sweet and adorable... MOST of the time. So here goes!
The other night I recognized her squat position and asked Olivia if she was poopin'. In a grouchy face and voice she looked at me and said, "NO...my poop is shiny!" (she uses the word shiny in place of clean...hmmm)
She sings EVERYTHING that she says lately...all sentences are songs. Darren says she is like Elf (you know Will Farrel). She is loving singing so much and she has lots and lots of songs memorized even though the words aren't always exactly right. When we sing I Am a Child of God she sings the words "and so my knees are grapes" instead of "and so my needs are great". She also sings "Book of Norman stories that my t-shirt tells to me"! And there is my personal favorite, Jesus Once Was a Little Child where she sings "Try to picaboo like Him" instead of "Try to be like Him".
She sat by me on the couch the other day and I laid my leg over her legs so she couldn't move them. She wiggled free and then said "Mommy, you stuck me on my elbows on my legs." I think she must have been talking about her knees.
Yesterday I picked her up and felt something bulky underneath her dress. She had a pair of panties around her waist. Things like that make me think she is ready to potty train but she just WILL NOT DO IT!
Hmmm...breathe...ok, now I feel so much better. I really do love her sooooo much! She lights up my life.
Re-do
5 years ago




7 comments:
oh goodness! I just did a post like this about my 3 year old. How difficult they can be, but oh how they make are world turn!
She's adorable!
P.S. I made my blog private so if you ever want to take a peak, send me an email at chell8 at gmail dot com and I will add you as a reader... not that I think everyone wants to read my blog... but... you know... :)
I tell Ashton sometimes that he is driving me crazy. Now he tells me that I'm driving him crazy. It never lasts too long before you just want to hug them.
I am glad that others have days like these:) All the things you wrote are such cute things that Olivia does...I especially think the songs she sings are cute!
So funny Sally. My daughter is 2 1/2 and she is going through something now too. I think her something is sibling rivalry because of the new baby, but I understand needing therapy. It is good to know I am not the only one. Even when they stress us out, they are worth every minute. I love the songs Olivia sings. So cute.
I am laughing so hard right now because Olivia sound just like Mandy and her disablilty with lyrics. But lets hope Livi overcomes it. Mandy still sing the totally wrong words to songs and she is 23!
We love your guys so much and are so excited to see you in a couple weeks.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has bad days with my kids. It is hard to remember the sweet things they do sometimes. Isn't motherhood great!! It's the most challenging yet rewarding thing we'll ever do! love ya
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has issues with their ADORABLE little one. When I have those days with my 4 year old, I look at my one year old and sigh, knowing it's only the beginnig. I like the therapy though, I thought of it last night as we were in the car and both were crying at the top of their lungs and throwing things, I actually started to laugh, kowing I wasn't the only one Thanks Sally
Post a Comment