Something that Panguitch has started doing since I left is hosting the Balloon Festival.

The launch happens just behind my parents house on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings.

So we just keep the kids in their PJs and let them jump on the tramp or play outside while we watch the balloons.

We got to see one land right in the field behind the house...that was fun!

Saturday evening they close off main street and some of the balloons fill up and have a night glow while different live bands provide music. It is one of my all time favorite things. The streets are just filled with people...some from out of town but a lot of locals just cruising around enjoying the lights, the music, and catching up with each other. I can't really describe the atmosphere but I LOVE IT! Sure I have been to other street festivals but being in Panguitch and reminiscing with a lot of old friends make it perfect.

They only light up for a few seconds at a time so you have to be quick with the camera. Isn't it awesome though?

I recognized this balloon. It used to fly in our neighborhood in Anthem. The owner told me that he got licensed at the school over near Carefree Hwy. Great shot of the flame eh?

Olivia thought it was a little to bright. She spent much of the night closing her eyes until eventually...

she just kept them closed.

Mason, however, LOVED the "Baaaoooons" and the bright lights (not to mention the shoulder rides with "papa").
So if any of you are ever planning a summer trip that just might take you through Panguitch (Arizonans that would be you) maybe next year you should plan on going through the last weekend in June during Balloon Fest. It is so much fun!
4 comments:
I heard about the balloon launch there. I am so bummed that I missed it. I love Panguitch!
The balloons look awesome and to have a front row seat...that's the best! The night pictures are cool as well and Olivia looks so cute all zonked out!
I always miss this because I am always there for the 24th.... and I can't stay all month! :) I'm loving your pictures!
I love and miss Panguitch and the amazing Cooper Family!! Love you all.
Post a Comment