July 23, 2008

A Home Grown 4th of July!

Oh the fun of getting candy at the parade. I don't think the kids even realized there was a bunch of people parading past them. Their heads were down the whole time picking up yummies!

Olivia and Kinsey in their newly made bows (thanks for teaching me Mandy) and patriotic apparel. Cute girls!

Off to the races! All of the cousins participated in their age group for the kiddy races. Olivia and Ashton decided to run as a team. Yeah, they didn't win. (Wow I really hate not being the one behind the camera... I make an appearance in way to many of these pics!)

After the kiddy races Olivia braved the waterslide. It was much smaller than the slide from the family reunion yet Olivia was pretty scared once she got to the top. So a kind young stranger helped her down...do you see how desperately she is holding onto him...even with her feet?


That night was the ever popular rodeo! Here Uncle Jeff is coaching Liv and Ashton on how to best chase a bunny. In the past the bunny chase is fun to watch as the bunnies run for their lives and slip out of little hands...yeah well this time these bunnies were all pretty lazy. They must have been fed a whole turkey or something because they were to tired to move. There was no chase involved! Bummer!


Mason couldn't be bothered with such small matters as bunnies...he was all about the horses. When Uncle Than took him to ride the horse I thought..."yeah right!" I didn't think there was ANY chance that Mason would even get NEAR a horse. When Aunt Gaylene came in to find me I thought maybe Mason was super upset or something. They couldn't get him OFF of the horse. He LOVED it! Grandpa Jimmy was so so proud! Olivia tells me that Grandpa is a REAL cowboy!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Mandy and Kalen said...

That cute little stranger is Ashlee Orton's little boy, Hunter. I recognize him from her blog.

Such cute little kiddos you have and I am VERY happy to see you in some pictures! I think I will be the one behind the camera from now on! LOVE ya!

A. Schoonie said...

Olivia and Mason are so cute! It looks like you had a really fun 4th!

nikki said...

How cute is your Fourth of July?! It looks like you had a great vacation. Your kids are looking super grown up!

Kendra said...

I haven't looked at your blog for awhile. Very cute I love the 4th pictures looks like you had fun with your family. Olivia is so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Sally your hair is so cute, when did you cut it? I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!!

Clanturner said...

It was so fun to see you in Pang-town. Great overview of the happening. You have such a fun family. We love you guys!

rachel said...

what cute pics...your kids are so cute!

Tara L. said...

Cute pics. I tagged you by the way.

Des said...

What a fun time! And I love how patriotic your family is! Too Cute!

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Looks like FUN!! The 4th of July is So fun it makes me with I were a kid again!

the stahle's said...

Looks like a fun time! Love the red/white/blue on the kids. We went to Tropic for the 24th-I love the small town celebrations.