August 21, 2008

It's Showtime!

I still have a lot of pictures that I want to share from our family reunion but I am waiting to get some of them off of Darren's laptop. In the meantime please excuse me while I tell you about how happy I am and why. Oh and there will be a little reminiscing too.

I have always LOVED performing. Anyone who really knows me definitely knows that. It has been a long time since I have been able to be really involved with music though. I have a few AWESOME friends who have gone out of their way to encourage me recently. One friend in particular expressed such faith in me that it lit a fire and I did it! I went and I auditioned for the community theater. Did I honestly think that I would make it? No not really...I thought I had a good chance until I got to the auditions and realized that I haven't had any experience for a very long time. There were very talented girls auditioning and it was intimidating for sure. I was surprised when I found out that I had been cast yet so very excited. And those awesome friends of mine were all WAY excited too! I heard that one even started screaming with excitement when she heard that I had made it. THAT makes my heart swell...to have such great friends that would be so excited for me! Well, we have had 2 rehearsals and I am loving it! I feel like a car who has been running without any oil but has finally been repaired. I can already see a huge difference in myself. I have been having more fun with my kids, getting frustrated with them less, and I think they like me better! To think I thought doing this would put more stress on our home life but so far I think it is helping to let up the stress. Now, that just goes for me and the kids...I can't speak for Darren. He is having to get home a little early or rather ON TIME and do the whole bedtime thing alone a couple of extra nights each week. So HIS stress level might be a bit elevated but I know he is way excited for me. And hey...it's only 6 weeks until show time so he won't have to suffer for long!

Because I just have to have pictures in all of my posts here are some pictures from my "show days". These are the only ones that I had on my computer actually!

This was at the Corporate Alliance Valentines Day Ball at the Provo Library. Darren and I got engaged at this ball the previous year right after I sang. So the following year Corporate Alliance (who I had worked for and who hosted the event) flew us out to celebrate our engagement anniversary and to have me sing a couple songs with the band. I LOVED getting all dressed up to perform. It was so much fun.


Ahhh, Acclamation at Disneyland. I loved the SUU Acclamation days. The guys with me in the picture are top to bottom and left to right (Dave, Clint, Justin, Spencer, Adam, and Randy who didn't totally make it into the shot...sorry Randy). If you are wondering...yes, that dress is actually not a dress at all but pants with really wide legs. Hey...don't make fun! It was cool back then!


The Cooper sisters at Western Legends in Kanab, UT. Left to Right: Mandy who looks like a shorty here but is actually the tallest of all of us, Jamie before the teen years hit, Katie showin' some leggy leg, and Me sporting some seriously white teeth!


Alright now, no making fun! Yes it's true I am sporting another polka-dot beauty that is again actually a pant suit disguised as a dress! Hey and you gotta love my dad's ACID WASHED jeans...NICE!

In this picture we are singing together at the Garfield County Fair. I am positive that we are singing "Unforgettable". My dad has such an amazing voice and if you haven't heard him sing you should. He always had lots of opportunities to sing and entertain when I was growing up and he always included the family whenever possible.

Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

nikki said...

I agree that doing something for yourself that you love is good for your family and for you!! I'm glad you got your "oil" back! I'll be cheering for you!

Jeff and Jen said...

I think that is great. Getting out of the house and doing something that you love is a total stress reliever. I felt the same way about volleyball last year. Husbands just have to understand and make the sacrifices.

Mrs. Nettles said...

I am sooo excited for you!! You better let us know when we can get tickets. I know you are talented in so many areas and I cant wait to see this one. Congrats!

Bullock said...

You're such a hottie in that red pant suit!

Sheryl

Mike and Alleen said...

I think it is great seeing you get back on stage! You have an amazing talent and I think you should share it!!! It is so nice to have something that is yours to--I agree it makes you a better MOM! It's funny I remember both of those pant/dress things.

Katie Dotson said...

I am so dang proud of you Sal!!! I am sitting here crying my eyes out becuase you are so AWESOME! You have always been such a great example to me through out my life. Thanks for not giving up on you and your dreams and interests. You are SOOOO talented!!! I love you!

Pini said...

WOO HOO! If I could do a cartwheel I'd do one right now, but I can't so I'll just pretend! I'm so happy for you to be doing something you are so passionate about. Congratulations on being cast. I know you will be incredible! It's easy to forget the things we used to live for. So easy to forget there is more to us than changing diapers. I know you adore being a mother, there is nothing better, but I rejoice in the opportunity of you doing both things you love...motherhood and total fierceness on stage! Darren, you are great for helping sweet Sally to do this. It is a sacrifice, but so worth it! I'm so proud of you Sally! Maybe you can get someone to illegally video one of the performances, if so I wanna see!! Break a leg!

Sally said...

These comments are just more examples of what great friends I have! Thanks for the excitement! When I use the term friend I also mean sisters and sisters in law...you guys are my bestest friends!

Mandy and Kalen said...

Sally, Sally, Sally! I am so excited to come see you in the play! I have SO many memories of you singing and performing and I always was (still am) seriously jealous of you! You just can draw a crowd in and you are very fun to watch and listen to! I love you!!!

You also need to post that Livi and Mason help you practice by singing your songs all day!

Oh! And I think you need to try out for Nashville Star! SERIOUSLY!!! Dad and Jeff and Katie too!

Deborah Clark said...

Sally, I am soo excited for you. I have to say I had a great laugh with the SUU photo. Has it really been THAT long since we were there? Ahhhh, the joy of performing. You will be great. What show are you doing? it sounds like all is going well. Love, Deborah :)

The Andra Family said...

I really enjoyed looking at the Accla picture. Thanks for posting it. And the one with your sistas, I haven't seen you with hair that long in forever! We're looking to visit Missy in Oct, and would love to stop by.

Julee said...

Look at you!! That is so awesome!!! I loved seeing all of the old photos!! It took me back a few years when I used to be really into singing, etc!!! How fun!! You seriously have the most beautiful voice...I love it!!!!!!!!!!

Kimber said...

Sally,
This is your cousin Kimber Miner. I found your name on the condolences for Dr. Ellsworth. It is such a terrible tragedy and a huge loss for our community. So many neat people that touched so many lives. David Goddard was Jana's best friends dad, and her sister died to (Cecilee) in the plane crash. Anyways, I followed your name and found your blog. Hope you don't mind. Totally cute! Maybe someday I will get a blog. I especially like the video of your dad trying to induce labor. Love you Sally! Keep in touch!

Chellie said...

I LOVE it. You are so talented and so beautiful... only you could pull off a red pant suit!!! You're stunning.

P.S. I have Livi's shirt done... just need to do the tutu! YAY!

Kendra said...

Way to go Sally! I am so proud of you, you deserve it. Congratulations.

{amy k.} said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the giveaway!

Those pictures are great!

Treion Muller said...

THose Acclamation days...ahhh...so many ugly outfits and jazz hands. I am still recovering

Des said...

Fun you are so adorable! I especially like the red lipstick!!

Stephanie said...

These pictures are hilarious!! I love each and everyone of the. And congrats on getting back into not only what you love, but what you are so dang amazing at!!! You are one talented girl! Keep that singing up and let me know when your first cd comes out, I will stand in line for days to be the first. Love ya!

Shantel Palmer said...

You go girl! I can't wait to see you in action.