August 29, 2008

Tweetsie Railroad

Well, I haven't had ANY time to update the blog and tell you about some of the awesome fun we had in North Carolina. I still don't have time to but I am going to do it anyhow...the dishes aren't going anywhere. Maybe they'll just clean themselves today!


As you already know we flew out to North Carolina for the Wright Family reunion. We headed up into the "High Country" to take in the beauty of the Blue Ridge, Grandfather Mountain, and many other majestic places and views. WOW! We saw some amazing scenery. I had NO IDEA how beautiful and diverse North Carolina was. The reunion was perfectly planned and we all had a blast.

One day we all headed to an amusement park called Tweetsie Railroad. See the view above? Yeah, it's way purtier than Lagoon! There were lots of fun rides for everyone.

Everybody had a good time!

Livi and Mason LOVED the rides, the gold panning (especially the water), and the map.
But Mason did get booted from one of the rides...since he kept standing up. NOT GOOD! He was so sad to have to watch from the sidelines.

Olivia shocked us the most. She loved some of the scarier grown up rides. She and I went on the tilt-a-whirl at least 5 times. As you can see she also enjoyed the Ferris Wheel. It was a super fast Ferris Wheel. Me and the Ferris Wheel are not friends. NOT A FAN!

4 comments:

A. Schoonie said...

It looks like you had a such a great time! And isn't it amazing how brave kids can be sometimes. You never know how they will react to a situation until you are in it.
I am with you on the dishes thing...I wish my whole house would clean itself today!!
Hope your rehearsals are going well:)

Chellie said...

So fun! I'm glad you had a great time. I hate ferris wheels as well. :)
It definitely looks much better than Lagoon. :)

jewly said...

Looks like everyone had a really great time. I love the pictures from the previous post.

Kimber said...

Sally,

It's your cousin Kim! Cute blog! Hope all is well, Your kids are cute!

Love ya!