September 1, 2008

White Water Rafting!

Because Olivia displayed such courage at Tweetsie Railroad I decided to take her with me on the white water trip while Darren and Mason played at the lodge with some of the other younger cousins. She was just a couple of months away from the 3 year age limit so we figured it was fine. Well, come to find out the age limit was actually 4...hmmmm oh well. She went anyhow and I was a little nervous about it, it was going to be a really long trip. She really surprised me. She loved it! There weren't a lot of big rapids. Just one spot with some bigger stuff that we did over and over again. I was pretty sure Livi would get upset on the big ones and especially when we got drenched. As we were heading down into the first big one I looked down at her and she was so excited! She was laughing and having a great time. I guess we really do have an adrenaline junkie on our hands. All of the river guides thought she was awesome...well...because she is ya know!

Livi and Taegan

Mommy and Livi

Kristen, Taegan, TJ (our crazy guide), Livi, and Me.

Now let me tell you if you ever find yourself in the North Carolina High Country and are thinking about taking a river trip you HAVE to go with "Edge of the World" located in Banner Elk, NC. Seriously they were far more than simple river guides. It was a comedy act most of the time. Some of their humor...hmmm...iffy but in general I thought they were great. My favorite was at the beginning when they got on the bus and announced that there had been a mistake. That if you thought you signed up for White Water Rafting you had actually signed up for White Boy Rapping. And then they did a couple of rap numbers. Seriously hilarious, at least I thought so. I also loved the Tennassee jokes once we crossed into TN. You know all sorts of jokes about lawn ornaments, car junk yards, furniture on porches, etc.

My favorite sign in Tennassee was on the front of a septic business. It read, "A straight flush in better than a full house". Words to live by!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mike and Alleen said...

Your trip looks so fun! Livy is way braver than my kids would be. My older two are such chickens, but then I guess kids surprise you sometimes. White Water Rafting is so much fun1

jewly said...

What a brave little girl! That sounds like a lot of fun. We may have to give it a try next Summer.

Katie Dotson said...

I want to go to NC now! What an ADVENTURE!!!

Hayley said...

I love her outfit!