You know what I love these days? Sleeping in! Now sleeping in to most people means 10-11 am or sometimes even 1 pm (you know who you are...ok that was me about 13 years ago). For me 7 am is glorious. That is taking into consideration of course that Olivia used to wake us up at 5 am thus waking Mason not long after that. Ahhh the joy and wonder of waking up a whole 2 hours later to hear kids laughing and happy rather than screaming and tired. I love it and hope that it lasts FOREVER!
Now the thing that I am not so in love with these days is missing bedtime night after night due to our rehearsal schedule. Don't get me wrong...I am still loving rehearsals but I was kind of sad last night to get home and not be able to cuddle with them or sing with them. Olivia woke up 2 times during the night screaming and even though I really didn't want to get out of bed I was happy when she saw me and said, "mommy you home....I want my mommy". That is a rare occaision. Daddy is the popular one in this house.
Now the thing that I am not so in love with these days is missing bedtime night after night due to our rehearsal schedule. Don't get me wrong...I am still loving rehearsals but I was kind of sad last night to get home and not be able to cuddle with them or sing with them. Olivia woke up 2 times during the night screaming and even though I really didn't want to get out of bed I was happy when she saw me and said, "mommy you home....I want my mommy". That is a rare occaision. Daddy is the popular one in this house.
Here is Mason asleep in his shades. He LOVES sunglasses and wants to wear them all the time. Daddy thought it would be OK if he went to bed with his glasses on. I of course think otherwise but I got a good picture before I took them off of him.
This is what I found one night after rehearsals. Olivia had apparently been in bed but got out and went to find daddy. I am not sure why she is all cuddled up with her shoes. They are her favorites so I guess it shouldn't surprise me! Wa-Tac Missionaries...some of you might recognize Darren's T-shirt "Washington Tacoma Mission ROCKS"! Do you still have yours?
Another example of Mason and his love of sunglasses. Even without sunglasses anywhere around...he can figure it out! Kind of reminds me of the 80s devo glasses. So cool!
And now on a totally unrelated note please enjoy the musical stylings of Olivia as she shares a spiritual message with you. She likes to conduct almost as much as she likes to sing.




14 comments:
so cute! oh my goodness how I miss them. can you move to Texas please? oh pretty, pretty, pretty please!!!!
No! You have to move to Roosevelt! Ok... I will move to Anthem! Find us a job and I'm there!
That was the sweetest thing I have seen in days! Her conducting skills are tops! Like Charlene in Stake Conference good!
I think that Megan would be happy to give her calling over to Miss Livi.
I'm going to find some if those glassed for Mason. He can totally rock them.
That was adorable. We totally need to get a duet going for Ashton and Olivia. I love the weird sleeping habits of your family...ok maybe its just Darrin. It's so funny.
Something about a child singing that song always gets me. Have you taught her our version of it yet? My kids still prefer it to the original.
Livi is sooo big!
Sheryl
Hey Sally, it was good to hear from you! Your kids are super cute too! From your blog it sounds like you are doing great! I go to Panguitch tons, I would love to see you sometime when you are there!
So cute! I love the sleeping with sunglasses on, Olivia's room is so cute and we know where she learned to sing! Thanks for sharing.
AWE.. Livi is SO cute!!
And that sunglass picture is hilarious. LOVE IT!
Olivia did a great job singing. Looks like she takes after her mom. Mason's room is way cute. Did you paint it?
I LOVE seeing sleeping pictures from your house. Mason asleep with sunglasses and Olivia and Darren on the floor...all too cute! Olivia definitely has all of your musical talent.
So,
I was reading your blog, and Steven wanted to sit on my lap (not an unusual occurrence. He loves the computer) When I played the video of Olivia conducting he got this huge smile and watched it very intently. Then at the end when you said to say goodbye, he waved and said "bye". Then as I was starting to type this comment, he was singing the song Olivia was conducting. I guess you could say Olivia officially has another fan!
Cute, cute kiddos! And I am oh so happy your children are blessing you with sleep. How did you survive before? I love my children, but they should not be seen before 7 in the morning!! :)
Hey Sally.....glad you found my blog! Anyway, as Hayley said, sure I'll let her takeover my calling ;) She's so cute!! We have so much fun with her in nursery.
Just getting caught up reading your blog. Looks like you guys had a very fun summer! I'm thrilled that you are sleeping until 7 a.m. Boy, that is the BEST feeling. We've regressed a little since we put Ethan in a regular bed. We're back to 6 a.m. wake-ups. Ugh! I'm so proud of you for getting out there and performing again. You're such an inspiration! p.s. Where was I when those t-shirts were passed out? Very cool!!
Post a Comment