August 5, 2008

Like Father Like Son...

When Darren and I were first married and lived in Boston we went to the ballet with Kristen and Paul (Darren's sister and her husband). It was Romeo and Juliet and it was so incredible. Once the production had been going for a little while Darren leans over to me and says "ummm, so there's no talking? How are you supposed to know what's going on?" After the intermission I had to keep nudging him because he was...yep...sawin' logs! Lest you think that he grew up without exposure to the cultural arts let me assure you that he was given ample exposure to culture and arts. His mom took him to all of the plays that I would have loved to see. Les Miserables (my favorite) being one. He says, "I don't know why they call it Les Miserables when it only makes you MORE miserable!"



Ok so I saw this on someone's blog and Olivia was fascinated. Both of the kids were sitting on my lap while we watched it. Olivia kept saying...it so neat mommy! It IS pretty incredible! I was amazed that Mason was so into watching it...he didn't budge. When it was over I looked down and he was out cold! He is more like his Daddy than I realized! I put Mason to bed while Olivia watched this over and over again. Maybe we have a Prima Ballerina on our hands! Or maybe a Chinese Circus performer!

4 comments:

Hayley said...

that was absolutely amazing!!!

Borland family said...

I have to laugh, I remeber Janet taking us to Phantom and Les Mis and Darren not being overly impressed:) Brings back memories, Funny to see how things have not changed. Cracks me up even more how Mason is so much like Darren, is into sports too?

Des said...

Tin loved watching this video! Logan took off after the frog bit! Ha! I have to admit I have nerver seen swan lake quite like that before! WOW!

A. Schoonie said...

This made Trent and I both laugh! We liked the "more miserable" line!
Thanks for the memory you shared (that's a fun thing to do). A bit embarrassing, but I can't say I won't do it again...I will probably be marking Jack's ties one day!!