August 4, 2008

Memory Tag...You're IT!

I have seen this on a ton of blogs. I am still in the process of commenting on them. There are a lot of fun things that I remember about many of those who have put this up and I will get there! Anyhow, I thought it was fun so here it is.

Here are the rules:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember! Please remember that my mom will be reading this as well as in-laws!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments. I can't wait to see what people remember.

Here some pictures that just might jog some memories...They are bringin' lots back for me!

2000 (or maybe it was 2001) - Anna Banana and I celebrating St. Pat's the sober way in the Windy (and might I add freezing) City, CHICAGO.

2002 - What was once 6 Cooper kids has grown to 16 with all of the added spouses and kiddos!


1994 - my first year in Acclamation
Top to Bottom L to R - Tom , Scott, Heather
Matt, Charity, Kim, Sally, Neil
Carson, Amy, Cory, and Sheryl
(Not shown - DEl our awesome director. You just can't not mention DEl)


1998 - Washington Tacoma Mission
S. Bushnell, S. Woodbury. and S. Cooper
Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmmm....lots of good memories. I love the double dates we went on while we were all still in Provo. I remember one in particular where we went out for pizza and you were drinking out of Darren's glass. I about fell out of my seat, I couldn't believe he was "sharing" germs. I knew he must be head-over-heels in love if he was letting you drink out of his glass.

Chellie said...

You are so beautiful!

My memories are sometimes hazy :) Life has been a whirlwind...

I remember how stinkin' cute you were in high school... beautiful, petite and talented! I remember being at the Bulkley's and you showed up in your cheerleading outfit, so smiley and happy all the time! ...oh and Miss Garfield County. :)

Mike and Alleen said...

I have tons of fun memories!! Grease, ranch parties, drill team, and fun at SUU. Working with you in Relief Society and being on missions at the same time--I remember you greeting me when I got off the plane. You've always been a great friend to me!!! Hopefully many more memories to come!

Pini said...

Hmmm... Hanging out in our neighborly apartments eating ice-cream with our hubbies(mint choc chip.)-Or my favorite memory would have to be the "Kidney Stone Strainer!" Gross!!! To think I gave you one of mine! I can't believe you actually stayed my friend after I joyfully skipped over to your apartment with it. What was I thinking?? (I did wash it in bleach Darren, I promise!) We had so much fun together. One day soon we will be able to add to all those fun memories! Miss you!

A. Schoonie said...

The first memory that popped into my head was the night we went to dinner with you, Darren, and the Westons and we found out that you and Darren were dating!! I will never forget the look on Trent's face...he was completely shocked (in a good way of course)!! I think Darren said he was going to pay for your dinner and right then Tyler and Trent suspected something!!
Thanks so much for your friendship!

Anonymous said...

Shupe concerts..Need I say more?

Tara L. said...

I love the picture of you at the mission home with Sister Woodbury. I miss her. I remember those good old mission days. I forgot about the BBQ at the mission home til you mentioned it. I would love to see the pictures you have from then. I haven't talked to Sis Shimizu in years. I will see if I can come up with an old address for you to see if she is still there. Do you remember when I came to Port Townsend to go on splits with you and Sister Baker? How fun. I miss those times.

Melissa said...

There are sooo many great memories of having you for a roommate in Orem... You playing the banjo for us, Giving us your Mullett presentation, Buying all of us a Gerber daisy, stories about hiding hairballs in you old roommates pockets (my husband is also very grossed out by hair). Probably my favorite though is when Matt and I had just gotten back from camping in Zions. You were chatting with us about our weekend and when we told you that we had hiked up Angels landing, you did this dramatic sort of sinking throwing yourself to the floor in the hallway exclaiming how much you LOVED hiking angels landing. I always loved living with you because you made everything fun. I really miss those days when I got to be around you almost every day. Especially when you set up your office in our kitchen! Oh you also got us flag magnets for our cars, which I had until someone stole it off of my car! I mean really, stealing a flag?!? Anyway, thanks for this little trip down memory lane. I think of you often and hope all is well with you.

Marielle Carlisle said...

A trip down memory lane, huh?

They all include singing, which is surprising. I loved when we sang karaoke at the Josh Groban concert. And when we were carpooling home from an AZMO rehearsal with Colleen and Brenda singing Mariah Carey's Christmas album. Or when we did that Enrichment talent show with Colleen where we lip synched to the Dixie Chicks.

Good times

Stephanie said...

Oh the mission days! And I bet you woke up thinking you looked hot in your mission clothes every morning like I did. I sure miss that Sister Woodbury!

Mandy and Kalen said...

First of all... you are SO popular! This has been up for like 1/2 a day and you already have 10 comments!

It is hard to find one memory when you are sisters! But I will do my best!

I also remember one specific time when you and I went to the Hub of the West to get a movie and we were in the car without reverse and I had to push the car back so we could leave.

I remember when I was a little girl and I would BEG you to do my hair like yours... I would even beg mom to let me get it cut when you got a hair cut (except the one you got senior year!) I thought you were SO cool! I still think you are cool and I have and will always look up to you!

And a memory that is pretty fresh is when I had Kinsey and you were there and you were crying! You were so sweet and cute and made me feel really good and comfortable with the whole situation!

I LOVE YOU!!!

Katie Dotson said...

My dear sweet sister Sally! I have soooo many memories flooding my brain right now. Just a few are "I am only 13!", creepy matching sunglasses and shirt song writing dude, Les Miserable in the gutless wonder, Pat Benitar, the old grey mare, Babs, silly song writing, Bull snorting in your sleep on the carpet, and the list can go on and on and on... But I will end with the few that stood out in my noggin. I remember when I was little and I was watching you put on your make-up and doing your hair. I just wanted to be exactly like you. I was so inlove with my older so much cooler sister. but we need to realize I was so young and didn't know what cool was at the time! j/k And I have to tell you another memory. Remember when we did the Panguitch Playhouse and Mandy and I clogged in it? (we were so good) Well, I remember how freaked out I was to be up in the dressing room alone and one night you stayed up there with me til I was ready to come down. I remember thinking that you must love me to stay up in that creepy place with me. So thanks for being such a kick butt AWESOME sister. I have really learned so much from you, like Cinnamon in anything makes it Greek! HEEHEE! I love you so darn much BIG sis! Keep on truckin!

Sally said...

Ok, I know I said that I'd leave comments on my own blog if you weren't playing the memory game. If you don't have a blog then I will still do that. But those of you that do have blogs I thought it would make much much more sense to leave my memory on your blog.

Bullock said...

Oh my love, first I have to say that you must be one of the funnest people on earth and apparently all these people agree with me. The first of two mission memories that came to my mind was singing on the beach with you in Port Townsend on New Years morning "How great thou art". Wow that was cool. And the second, jumping over the "sheet hurdle" that we made in our bedroom that was attached to the dresser. What were we thinking?? I laughed so hard that night. Love ya,

Sheryl

Peggy Sue said...

A lifetime of memories to choose from. So many of my favorite memories from Panguitch have you in them. Sleep overs (with bloody noses - do you still thrash in your sleep?)- Pushing your car with our feet out the door as you didn't have reverse. - The long talk we had after your family went through the temple.... I could go on, but the memory that stands out at the moment is the Christmas before you married Darren.

We were loading something into your car at Aunt Kay's house and it was just the two of us. You confided in me about this guy that you had been dating, and even though it wasn't offical yet and you hadn't told other family, you let me in on a little secret that you were going to be getting married. I was SOOO excited for you and you were happier than I had ever seen you before. As you were telling me about him you were glowing. The best part is that everytime I see you, you still have that blissful happy look to you.

I love you,

Peg

Jill Hatch-Fong said...

I too could go on and on.I remember way back when you lived in Kanab I thought it was a trip to the BIG city to visit you guys. I remember eating popcicles in your kitchen there. I also remember staying with you in Overton and we saw a really cool/scary lightening storm on our way back to Overton from Las Vegas.I have to add that one of my favorite memories of you is our 'wedding night' talk we had right before you got married. I have been meaning to ask you about that. haha I guess everything must be working out OK....you have 2 cute kids! Aloha- Jill

Peggy Sue said...

ok so I just have to leave another memory. Your memory of me that you left on my page sparked a memory I had almost forgotten about.

Your family was up staying with us around 6th grade or so. There was an really bad wind storm outside and everyone was hunkered down. We were staying in my room in the unfinished basement of our 4 level split house. One of the make-shift walls for my room was an old mattress, which was also my headboard. My mom came down and told us that if the house fall in on us, to pull the mattress wall over us to protect us. The next morning we went to a family friend's house for "safety". Our swamp a/c unit had tried to blow off the house. The indoor controller was pulled up into the wall and the unit was precariouly hanging right over the home exit.

For some reason this memory is a fond memory, not a scary memory. Go figure.

Love ya
Peg

Jeff and Jen said...

One of my favorite memories is also when we stayed up all night long. Neither of our kids sleep in, what were thinking. It was great to visit in the peace and quiet though.
Another great memorie is the first time our families went to Orageno's (spelling?). You know the story, great food, great company and flying chocolate.

the sorensons said...

ok so i know i am a little late on this one but aparently internet is hard to come by in tropic! whats up with that! anyway...

on that comes to mind is when were were at IHOP one night (me you jami) and there were 2 guys sitting together and we were not sure about their situation and someone just went right up to them and asked "are you guys gay" (not that there is anything wrong with that) and they were not just brothers! oh and there was that one time that the chocolate icecream went missing in the middle of the night while everyone was sleeping and yet a spoon, and chocolate were all over your pretty white sheets! hmmm:) and and there are so many more fond memories that i could go on forever~!!!!!! LOVE YOU SALLY WALLY!!!!

Julee said...

How fun!! That's the mission by brother served in way back when!!! :)