
You know the thought had entered my mind that maybe this would be our last chance to spend Christmas in Panguitch. Maybe we'd just have to drive up on Christmas day in the future. You know, as families grow and Christmas gifts grow then who knows how long we can pull this off. How could we all still come for Christmas every other year? Oh, but how would my mom take the news?

Well mom if you are reading this don't worry. After being cooped up in that house with all of those crazy Coopers Darren and I both agree that we will make it work. Being with my family IS Christmas to me. Celebrating Granny's birthday along with the Savior's every Christmas Eve, Christmas caroling, eating breakfast at Grandma's, the kids getting reacquainted with the cousins, hearing my dad, brother and uncle sing "O Holy Night", staying up to late playing games and having fun, and especially loving the Savior...now THAT is Christmas!
This year I know that Jesus Christ was with us at the Cooper house. We sang and laughed and cried and we experienced a different Christmas than ever before. I will never forget this Christmas! I feel a deeper love for my family and a more real understanding of what Christmas is really about. It is about that little baby who came into this world to offer His life to us. As I think back about Christmas when we were growing up I remember how magical it was. The twinkly lights, Santa, singing, just feeling the anticipation...I have such fun memories! Now we are mostly all grown up and we are blessed to recognize that the magic of Christmas really lies in the healing power of Christ's Antonement! I know that He WILL heal your broken heart...(you know who you are).
MERRY CHRISTMAS!





4 comments:
It really was an awesome Christmas. One for the journals for sure. I think we all got a little bit closer to the Savior.
Oh and thank you to the person that corrected Jeff's grammar.
Thanks Sal! That was awesome! I LOVE LOVE LOVE you all!
Thanks for your words Sally. Christmas is definitely not the same without family. I am glad that you had a memorable one.
Lots of Love - Ash
Post a Comment