See that face? This little girlie has really been cracking me up lately.
Example #1: As we are shopping for birthday cards at Wal-Mart today I start laughing at some of them. Olivia says "Silly mommy...you really crack me up sometimes". I wonder where she heard that phrase? Now Mason has been saying it. It's pretty cute!
Example #2: Mason stacked a few of the couch cushions up in the family room. Olivia sat down carefully on top of them, crossed her legs (like a lady), and proceeded to talk to no one. She said, "OK boys and girls. I want you to tell me sumpin' about the color green. Can you say green?" 2 seconds later Mason continued his purpose in stacking the cushions and proceeded to jump off of them screaming "Go Agooogo (diego)". Olivia then said, "Ok friends...is this the way we should act? NO!"
I told her teacher the other day that I see more of her in Olivia than I do me but it's probably a toss up!
Example #3: One day after being in time out Olivia was having a little "talk" with mommy. I told her why her actions were naughty. When I finished Olivia said, "OK mom...friends?" To which I snickered and said "friends". Then she started singing forever and ever from Pooh's Grand Adventure while she gave me a hug.
Example #4: One afternoon while I was rearranging some picture frames Olivia came meandering in looking around for something. She saw a picture of my cutie pie niece, Kinsey, on the fridge and decided to get it down. This is when I figured that she must be up to something. I watched her get the picture down and followed her into the other room where she had already glued a piece of vellum on the front of some cardstock. There was a rectangle cut out of the middle of the cardstock from an early project I had been doing. The edges were lined up perfectly! She placed the picture in the middle of the empty rectangle and even adjusted it to make sure it was centered...kinda. Then she proceeded to glue another piece of vellum to the back at which point I decided to help her finish up. You can see the result above. Honestly I have no idea how she figured that all out but it is pretty adorable. She insisted that we hang it on the wall in the family room!
She is really going through the super emotions of the terrible 3s but I just LOVE the little things that she says all of the time. I love this girlie pie!





5 comments:
She cracks me up too! What a cutie!
she is so clever! I was reading this with momearlier and we were laughing pretty had. Mom says you used to say stuff like that all the time. I guess she is more like her "silly mommy"!
Those are precious!
very cute dolls you are painting. that looks like it take A LOT of patience and creativeness.
i love reading about all the cute things kids do. it is amazing how much they observe and repeat. and the girl emotions don't go away they just and change and evolve to different things!!!! it's lots of fun:)
HOW Cute!!! Ok boys and girls!! hahaa
Post a Comment