February 11, 2009

You're such a doll!


So Olivia got this for Christmas...cute right?

These are the dolls that came with it...minus the grandpa and grandma. Well they look ok online but in real life they weren't very cute. Olivia had been so excited about getting a dollhouse but when we got home she NEVER wanted to play with it. She was definitely not interested in the dolls at all! So I came up with a solution which is now my favorite new late night hobby...


Now she can't get enough...although some of her friends have gone missing. Now I am getting ready to finish her daddy (boys are hard to paint) and do some of her preschool friends. She asks me everyday where her Libby, McKenzie, and Miss Amy dolls are!

I bought the unfinished dolls here if you are interested. I know you are.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Kimber said...

Great idea Sal! Thanks for sharing - yours are much more cute and fun.

Katie Dotson said...

Sals you are such a great mommy! And those dolls are adorable! So much better then their ugly cousins! I love the shirt you made for mommy doll! So stylish! Is daddy doll going to be in a BYU shirt? And what about Aunt Katie Doll? Could you make her a bit thinner? Anyway... You are my hero...The wind beneath my wings... The skip in my step... The hip to my POP! You are amazing and I love you!

kristi lou said...

grace and i have done some doll painting ourselves...isn't it fun! you're dolls are adorable.

Tara L. said...

Way cute! I am going to have to get some of those for my little girl. Thanks for sharing.

Chellie said...

Great job! Those are SO cute! I don't have an artistic bone in my body though... I could never paint one. You are so talented!

Borland family said...

you are so talented and what a great way to play.

Megan said...

wow...those are great! You are so talented and a great mommy!

Meghann said...

what a great idea! Good job Sally!