So recently I have had this urge to be "crafty". It's interesting because as some of you may remember I have been strongly opposed to crafting in the past. Yet becoming a mom created this urge that I hadn't had before. I really enjoyed "art" but never thought of crafts in the same way. Here are some examples of my recent attempts to be "crafty".
My cousin Jill is a super artist. She comes up with all sorts of adorable ideas from interior design to collage art to all sorts of other things. What is even better is that she is a go getter. She can get a lot done in a short amount of time and she finds opportunities to sale her art. Well she has a small company called little tomato art. Check out her blog here. At the moment she mostly does these adorable stuffed dolls that you can find in multiple boutiques in Hawaii. However, she started out doing these canvas collages and she taught me how to do it. I think they are so much fun. I did a few a couple of years ago and just started doing some again. Thanks Jill!
I made this for my friend's new little baby girl. I had fun adding the buttons and the bows.
You might remember the diaper cakes that I love to do. Now I figured out a towel cake for bridal showers. Way fun to do!
Olivia got this flannel board from Grandma Janet for her birthday. Thanks Grandma! Next on my list is to make some flannel pieces for a mermaid story, a car story, and some more scripture stories (the Noah story came with the gift). If you have any good ideas let me know!








3 comments:
the canvas collage doll is so cute! you are so creative. another idea for the flannel board is just cutting out random shapes from felt (circles, triangles, squares, etc). luc and jack love to use them to make houses or sandwiches, grass, ice cream cones, they are pretty creative with them.
I HAVE A LOT OF FLANNEL BOARD STORIES THAT MY KIDS DON'T EVEN PLAY WITH ANYMORE, WOULD YOU LIKE THEM?
ALSO, I LOVE THE TOWEL CAKE AND YOUR NEW CUTE CRAFT.
SALLY, PLEASE SELL YOUR CRAFTS AND DIAPER CAKES AND TOWEL CAKES ON ETSY. YOU WOULD MAKE A FORTUNE!!!!! YOU ARE SO TALENTED.
YOU SHOULD ALSO SELL YOUR EXPERTISE IN MAKING SCRAPBOOKING PAGES. do sell, IT'S YOUR THING!
Sally you are so Martha!!! I love your canvas art they are so beautiful. I tried to replicate them a long time ago and they were no where as cute as your's
Post a Comment