Well we are supposed to be in Utah playing with cousins and having fun.
Instead we are sick. We've all had something to make us feel yucky. It's Olivia turn right now. Still daddy has gotten A LOT accomplished since he has had the week off of work. I'll post some pictures later when all projects are completed!
I was thinking that I really wanted to record some funny stuff from Olivia's mouth and to include some fuzzy pictures of the kids "sick wrestling". It's a lazy version of wrestling and the only kind of wrestling that makes Olivia smile. All of Mason's other wrestling matches have induced tears (Liv), screaming (Liv), headaches (me) and time outs (Mason).
So just now Mason spilled his milk and cereal everywhere. It was a result of him being crazy at the table (an activity that has forged it's way through my nerves to the very last one). I had to consciously respond without going overboard...it was just an accident after all. So I moved Mason out of the way, wiped his legs off, got him some more cereal, and proceeded to wipe up his mess. I thought I was doing really well...I didn't yell or anything! Then Olivia proceeds to say:
"Mommy say sorry to Mase."
"What? Why would I say sorry? He made a big ol' mess."
"Because your face is grouchy mommy."
"Oh..." humbled "sorry Mason"
"See mommy don't you feel happy now?"
"I do..."
"He just spilled on accident huh mom. That's way we don't have grouchy faces when its an accident huh mom."
Tested by the 2 year old, gently rebuked by the 3 year old.
OK, one more story worth remembering for sure.
Mason was sick, Olivia wasn't...yet. Mason and Daddy had an eternal nap one afternoon and Olivia seemed to be getting bored of me. We were sitting on my desk drawing pictures. The conversation went like this"
"Mommy? I think Mason is ready to wake up now."
"Sorry Livi he's sick so we need to let him sleep."
"Oh..."
After a couple of minutes she says, "Mommy, I think Mason ran out of dreams so he has to wake up now".
Seriously...they are soooo cute! (and challenging)





6 comments:
so cute! bummer that your all sick, I hope you get better around there soon!
We have had the sickies at our house too. I hope they get feeling better soon. I love to hear stories of cute things kids say. So funny the things they can come up with. They are darling Sally.
You're still in here? In AZ? You didn't leave? This whole week I've been living under the assumption that your were GONE! I've been living a lie!
Awww those were the cutest stories! Those 2 are super cute and sweet! Sorry you were all so sick, but glad you got well enough to make it in time for the wedding! Can't wait to hear about the trip!
We have missed you all so bad this week. While Coop was running around the reception tonight I couldn't help but think that Mason should be creating trouble with him. :-( I hope you all get better quick quick quick and hurry up to good ol' Panguitch!
that is awesome...you have a grouchy face mom. they are way to smart. definitely agree on the way cute and way challenging part as well. hope that you had a happy mother's day!
Post a Comment