May 16, 2009

Spoiled

 
This guy, yeah the one with the unsightly goatee, he spoiled me on mother's day!

 
He had the previous week off of work since we were supposed to be in Utah.  Since we ended up staying home he got some projects done.  A magnet board in the toy room, a shelf in the top of our armoire to keep little fingers off of buttons, and a built in desk and some shelves in my messy craft room (Olivia calls it the crap room).

 
And then it was mother's day!  I had a yummy breakfast.  The kids ate probably half of it and all of the OJ.  The Santa straw was compliments of Mason.

 
Darren made a delicious gourmet meal.  His chef brother gave him 2 recipes one simple one and one not so simple.  As you can see he swung for the fences.  Mediterranean Chicken Packets...seriously SO good!  The previous night after the kids were in bed he told me that he needed to go grab some stuff from Wal-Mart.  He didn't get home until 11:30 PM.  When I saw Calamata Olives, Feta Cheese, and Sun dried Tomatoes I understood why it took him so long!
For mother's day he also stayed home with sick kids so I could go to church, cleaned the house, did all the laundry (which he always does), shaved the scratchy goatee (thank heaven), gave me a magnifying glass (for crafting), and then continued the spoiling the next day for my birthday!  Thanks honey!  I love you!
I know I am a week late but I also wanted to mention the other moms in my life.  I have been blessed with the most amazing women in my life.  My grandmas, my mother-in-law, my sisters, my friends, and so many wonderful people.  My own mom constantly amazes me.  She has a passion for helping people.  She can't stand to see anyone sad or in need.  She loves her family more than her very own life and it is obvious to all of us.  More than anything her testimony of Jesus Christ and steadfastness in the gospel has guided my own testimony to develop and become the main source of love in my own family.  I love you mom!  Thanks for everything you have given me.  And by that I mean those non-material things that have enriched my life so much!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

rachel said...

wowie wow, you got yourself a keeper man!!!!

A. Schoonie said...

soooo nice! your projects look awesome and the food looks delicious. also a very happy belated birthday!

Mandy and Kalen said...

Way to go Darren! And Happy Mother's Day and Birthday! I am glad you got spoiled cause you deserve it! We missed you here in Utah but are glad you are all feeling better.

Oh- and Darren, I LOVE the Goatee!

Sally said...

Oh Mandy...PLEASE don't encourage the goatee you little stinker!

Karen and Joe said...

Whoo hoo! Hats off to Darrin for a job well done!! What an awesome mothers day/birthday!!