November 4, 2009

All the way to VICTORY!

Let's go all the way, all the way to victory!
Let's go all the way!
LET'S TAKE STATE!!!!!!!
Congrats to the State Champion Volleyball team! PANGUITCH! I think they were excited...what do you think?
Oh the rush of memories. I can remember no greater surge of mad energy than when I myself got to be part of a PHS State Championship team. Oh no, not volleyball...but drill team. See this is how it goes down in our little town. You take state. You scream and cheer and sing all the way home (I don't know what the boys do). When you reach 10 mile (a turn off that is appropriately 10 miles from town) you are greeted with all sorts of townsfolk blaring their horns and flashing their lights. At this point I was giddy beyond control. The fire engine and various other loud vehicles are there to escort you into town. If you are the 1990 boy's basketball team then the entire town really is there and it looks something like Field of Dreams with cars lined up as far as you can see. When you reach the city limits the bus stops and you pile onto the fire engine. THAT is the moment I remember the most about taking state. You then make the rounds through town where everyone who isn't following the bus cheers from their front porches while the sirens blare. Again you get way more of a showing if you are the boy's basketball team plus you probably had a nice steak and shrimp dinner right before you headed home...but still! GOOD TIMES!
Dear Jamie, Congrats my sweet! PS...I love that picture of you. It says "Seriously? WAHOOOO!" Great arm placement...very cool. Oh and the knee brace tells a whole story all it's own! I sure do love you Jamie Lou Who!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Katie Dotson said...

Thats right!! Oh the state chanpionship memories!!!! But they don't get to actually ride on the engines anymore thanks to the wrestlers back in 2000. :-( But it's still the same other then that. GOOD TIMES IN A SMALL TOWN!!! :-)

ShaLayne said...

Those were the days!!!!

Karen and Joe said...

what a proud sis you are, rightfully so! That's so awesome!